Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New To Cumulus - Trying to get a VP2 to work on WU

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
wb6ypf
Weather Station: Davis vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows XP

New To Cumulus - Trying to get a VP2 to work on WU

Post by wb6ypf »

Hi all,

I'm new to Cumulus. I'm in the process of replacing my old Radio Shack WX-200 using FreeWX with a Vantage Pro 2 cabled station using Cumulus. Once I get everything working I'll cut over to the new station. I have the 2 systems set up on separate computers so I can play with the new setup without disturbing my existing setup.

I have VP2 and Cumulus set up and have been able to duplicate my existing webpage using Cumulus' webtags. Worked great.
Existing webpage: http://www.westphalfamily.com/wxdata2.html
New test webpage: http://www.westphalfamily.com/Davis/daviswxdata.html

Now I'm trying to get the new setup uploading to Weather Underground. In Cumulus I have the WU "Enabled" along with "Send Average Wind" with the Station ID in all caps and my WU password and 5 minute interval. And, I edited myPWS in WU to show Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless since I didn't see a wired version listed. I tried turning off the WU upload in FreeWX and turning it on in Cumulus but it never showed data on my existing WU Station KCAALTAD1. I tried changing the password to the "key" in MyPWS instead of my WU Password and I got errors. I put everything back original and my FreeWX uploads are working again.

Since that didn't work I decided to set up a new station KCAALTAD61. I set it up in Cumulus with the Station ID in all caps and the password was the "key" provided (case sensitive). Cumulus appears to upload (no errors) but I don't see data on WU. It has been over 24 hours.

I suspect the problem is with WU since they seem to be in a real mess right now but I just wanted to post here to see if anybody has a clue or suggestion.

Thanks

Bill Westphal
Bill Westphal
Altadena, CA

Altadena WeatherCam http://www.westphalfamily.com/wxdata2.html
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: New To Cumulus - Trying to get a VP2 to work on WU

Post by mcrossley »

IIRC, it is your WU user password, not the station key you need to input into Cumulus.
wb6ypf
Weather Station: Davis vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by wb6ypf »

That's what I thought too Mark. But I read some info on WU regarding setup and they say to use the Key and NOT the WU Password.

And this is where it gets funny.

If I use the original Station ID and WU Password in Cumulus it seems to upload fine. If I change it to the Key the upload fails.

If I use the NEW Station ID and the WU Password it fails, but seems to upload fine with the Key.

WU is so busy trying to fix their site now they aren't responding to support questions. Guess I'll keep playing with it or just wait for them to get things straightened out.

Thanks for the reply.

Bill
Bill Westphal
Altadena, CA

Altadena WeatherCam http://www.westphalfamily.com/wxdata2.html
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

WU is as WU does :roll:
Looks like they may be changing over then, old stations using one method and new another, and neither working properly :groan: