Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

FTP not working - Cumulus Web Hosting Problem?

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
colinpb
Weather Station: VP2+SHT31+DFars+Solar+AeroCone
Operating System: Windows 10

FTP not working - Cumulus Web Hosting Problem?

Post by colinpb »

Following my original post "FTP not working", I believe the problem might lie with Cumulus web hosting for the following reasons

Both Filezilla and Cumulus have been reporting FTP problems since 17.15 yesterday. So I uninstalled Filezilla, closed Cumulus and restarted the computer. Cumulus is now the only program using FTP and its still reporting FTP error code 500. Additionally my website is stuck at 17.15 and the system info page is showing up time 4 days and 8 hours. Having restarted Cumulus it should show be less than an hour uptime. Conclusion my web hosting is unavailable.

Steve is there something I have missed?

Colin

note: I will be unavailable to reply until 18.00 today
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: FTP not working - Cumulus Web Hosting Problem?

Post by mcrossley »

Hi Colin, I use Steve's web hosting too. Mine failed yesterday around the same time, and I couldn't resume it.

The cause has been seen several times before, the failure had left one of the 'tmp' files on the web server that was zero length, Cumulus does not seem to be able to overwrite these files, just go in with Filezilla and see if you have one too, if you have just delete it in Filezilla and then start Cumulus again.

I had to leave Cumulus stopped for 5 minutes or so to clear the 'too many connections' error.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Just to add that I don't know why the Cumulus FTP component can't overwrite the zero length files, but it appears to be the same for 1.9.4 and MX, and the components are completely different. It's possible there's a setting on the server I can change, but I don't know what that would be.
Steve
WxLee
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2/Vue
Operating System: Windows 7x64 SP1

Post by WxLee »

I'd like to try the above fix, but it has been awhile since I set up my hosting account, and I never was very familiar with Filezilla. Could you provide some instructions here how to use Filezilla to find and remove those zero length files? Thanks!