Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Vantage Vue failure

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
philpugh
Weather Station: See Signature
Operating System: Debian 11 (RPi4)

Vantage Vue failure

Post by philpugh »

Well... after 8 years of use my Vantage Vue temp and humidity sensors packed in on late Sunday night / early Monday morning. First real problem with the system since I had it. It was displaying intermittent humidity readings and static temp. I stripped the ISS down and cleaned it all inside and changed the ISS battery, just in case. It then showed permanent failure with 0% humidity and 0 deg C.

I would like to publicly thank http://www.weatherspares.co.uk for their speedy delivery of the replacement part, ordered Tuesday morning and arrived Thursday lunchtime - back up and running 30 mins later. Price wasn't too bad either. Just have the problem of fixing all the data now! Typically my second system (a WS3083) decided to have a battery low issue during the Wednesday night - so I don't have any weather data for some period of time :cry:
Phil Pugh
GW1000 + WH65/WH57/WH31; HP2551 + WS68/WH40A; GW2001 WittBoy
CumulusMX V4 / CUtils V7
Raspberry Pi 5 64bit
http://goosegate.uk/
Turvey
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Win 7

Re: Vantage Vue failure

Post by Turvey »

+1 for weatherspares 8-)

I needed spares for my Vue, clicked on weatherspares and a pop-up informed me that seeing as they weren't sending out spares for a few days they were offering a 10% discount! I wasn't too bothered over how long they took so I placed an order. Spares arrived within 3 days!

Excellent service :clap: