Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

backup

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
robynfali
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows XP

backup

Post by robynfali »

I need to save all my Davies data and reinstall the program, its corrupted on me, i have the disk, just need a hint on how to save the data before i do please
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: backup

Post by steve »

You mainly need to save the data folder, that contains all of the logged data. You can optionally save cumulus.ini, or enter all the settings again from scratch when you reinstall. There's more detailed information in the FAQ and the wiki. But it also depends to an extent on what exactly is corrupted... no point trying to re-use something that's already corrupted. The best thing to do is just restore the entire Cumulus installation from a backup taken not long before the corruption occurred.
Steve
robynfali
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by robynfali »

Sorry mate I meant the weatherlink program, I tend to switch that on every now and again and download to that then start cumulus back up
duke

Post by duke »

robynfali wrote:I need to save all my Davies data and reinstall the program, its corrupted on me, i have the disk, just need a hint on how to save the data before i do please
If you are saying it is the program that is corrupt and not the data, you should be able to reinstall over the top of your existing weatherlink installation and all the data should be retained. I would take a copy of the weatherlink directory to be on the safe side.

What are your symptoms? Are you sure it is the program and not corrupt data tripping the program up?