Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problem linking my Davis Vue with usb data loger with cumulu

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
raul_sbd
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Problem linking my Davis Vue with usb data loger with cumulu

Post by raul_sbd »

Hello everyone,

I'm well annoyed.. I been trying to find the solution to this all the day but no way to make it speak my Davis Vue with my pc. I have installed weatherlink and connected the dataloger adapter onto the back of the station console and then connect to the usb port on my pc.

I have installed the driver CP210X_USB_Serial_Converter and also the cp210x manufacturer.dll file. Under the device manager all seems to be ok and the device is recognised and set up on COM 3.

On cumulus I changed to Davis Vue.. and select serial and set the COM to 3.. when I press ok then it says initialising on cumulus but then throws an error message : Error 32701 trying to initialise the station . check your connection and settings.

I have run the driver from the weatherlink folder but it says it cannot connect to the station (on the black DOS screen) :(

Very disappointed as its been quite expensive device the dataloger usb.. and now still not working..

I'm not very literate on this.. could someone tell me what could be the problem or give very clear instructions from 0 in order to link my Davis Vue to my pc? Btw I'm using windows 10 but as I said on device manager the silicon labs software seems to be fine with no exclamation mark and working.

Many thanks in advance!
My Weather Site Sale M33 (Uk)

http://raulsbd.co.uk/index.htm
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Problem linking my Davis Vue with usb data loger with cu

Post by steve »

Have you read this - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#How_do ... Cumulus.3F

Are you using the latest driver from the Silabs site? If you run Weatherlink, can it connect to the console using COM3?

When you installed the WL adapter into the console, did you make sure to have the console powered off?
Steve
raul_sbd
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by raul_sbd »

Thank you Steve I will give it a go and see what happens.

I will keep you updated.

Regards
My Weather Site Sale M33 (Uk)

http://raulsbd.co.uk/index.htm
stoge03
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by stoge03 »

Hi Raul

I saw your question re Windows 10 and a Davis connecting thru the USB to Serial converter.
Did you get resolution of this - I notice the website seems to be up and running, so I thought I could find out what you did.

Regards...George