Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

FTP Error 426

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

FTP Error 426

Post by aznetcowboy »

I have been getting these errors as of late. I checked with my ISP to see if they were having some sort of issue. Their reply was as follows:

Those codes are typically caused by dropped traffic or latency. The FTP protocol does not have error recovery, so if there is a single dropped packet or a delay in server response it can cause the process to halt with that code. I would suggest that if your application supports it to use SCP instead of FTP, it is more reliable and is encrypted.

I am not sure what SCP is, but I assume it would not be compatible with Cumulus any, right?
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: FTP Error 426

Post by steve »

SCP is "Secure copy" and Cumulus does not offer that. You would have to use an external application such as WinSCP.
Steve
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

Any idea what causes me to get the following errors every day between the hours of midnight up through possibly as long as 7:00 A.M.?

7/6/2017 12:22:34 AM : FTP Connect Timeout
7/6/2017 12:22:34 AM : FTP Connect Error, Error code = 426
Tom Wills
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

You would have to ask your service provider, but I assume they would give the same answer as before. They appear to be blaming it on the connection between you and their server.
Steve
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

Steve,

Thanks. I kind of expected this reply, but I thought I would try you first. If I can get a reply that means anything from Cox Communication's tech support, I will pass it along to you.

Tom
Tom Wills
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

This reply stating I appear to have a fix is a long time coming. I am not sure why this appears to have fixed it, but I have not seen the connect errors since making this change to my system. The change? I upgraded my modem from a Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 to a Netgear DOCSIS 3.1 modem.

I also can't believe how much faster the DOCSIS 3.1 is than my older DOCSIS 3.0 modem. I don't believe the make of the modem makes any difference, it just happen to be the one thing to make my communications system all one brand. My router is Netgear as is my Cox Communications security router, so now the Netgear modem makes it all one brand. Does that make a difference? I have to say I really don't think so, but who knows? :roll:
Tom Wills