Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

failing humity sensor, Vantage Vue

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Colin2151
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: windows XP

Post by Colin2151 »

ok, heres the latest issue... Its the humitity reading on the Vantage Vue I own ( 3 years old ) Im getting really off the chart readings now. I live in the moisture soaked east coast (NY, USA ) and every evening the reading on the console reads 1 % ! Then, jumps up to where it ought to be mid-day, and then, back into the stratospher again come nightfall... any ideas ? Iv taken it apart... had the usual ants roaming around,but got rid of them ( again its only the humity, not the temp sensor ) I contacted Davis and got the usual " send it in for an outragoues fee, and we will fix it ) any help or tips from people who've had the same issue would be helpfull..THANK YOU !
Colin
Paragon
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 hOME PREmium

Post by Paragon »

Yep, been there. It is an easy fix if you can persuade a sales agent somewhere to send you the sensor. It is the temperature and humidity sensor. Mine failed at about that age too, from memory. My thread about it is here somewhere.

You will need to be a little handy to take the thing apart and change the sensor. You will be surprised how damp and dirty it is inside the case. Sing out if you need any help.