Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problem Connecting Cumulus to Remote VP2 via MeteoBridge

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
nooch
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 7

Problem Connecting Cumulus to Remote VP2 via MeteoBridge

Post by nooch »

I searched the forum and could not find a clear answer on this. Is it possible to use Cumulus to connect (via MeteoBridge) to a remote Davis VP2? So far, all I get is "Error -32701 while trying to initialise the station. Please check your connections and settings". I can remotely log into and connect to MeteoBridge via internet connection without any problems, which makes me think my Station Settings entries in Cumulus are incorrect. Some more info regarding my attempts, along with screenshots of my configuration:

-MeteoBridge has the latest firmware installed.
-Cumulus IP address = WAN IP in MeteoBridge. Is this correct?
-Assumed Port 22222 is correct when connecting via WAN IP. Also tried Port 80 to no effect.
-I'm not running WL so I have Discon period = 0. Also tried various values (up to 30) with no effect.
-MeteoBridge was set up to upload directly to WeatherUnderground and CWOP. I disabled both to no effect.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, or if it is even possible to do this? Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Untitled1.png
Untitled2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Problem Connecting Cumulus to Remote VP2 via MeteoBridge

Post by steve »

I know that this is possible, using the new 'pass through' facility in Meteobridge, and I know that some people have tried it successfully with Cumulus. But I know virtually nothing about Meteobridge, so I can't really help. No doubt someone will turn up shortly who can offer some assistance.
Steve
malkie
Weather Station: Davis Vision-Vue
Operating System: Raspbian Jessie

Post by malkie »

Assuming the PC you are running Cumulus on is on the same home network as the Meteobridge, I would have thought the Cumuls IP address should be the local address of the Meteobridge? 192.168.1.12 according the screenshot you posted.
Malcolm
North Herts, UK
http://elm30net.ddns.net
CumulusMX on Raspberry Pi4 B+ 2GB, running on Raspbian Buster booting from USB SSD
from a Davis Vantage Vue with VP2 ISS.
nooch

Post by nooch »

They are not on the same network. That's why I went with the WAN IP entry in Cumulus.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

If you are going through the router have you set up the forwarding for port 2222?
nooch

Post by nooch »

I haven't forwarded any ports...should I? I thought I didn't need to since I'm able to remotely access MeteoBridge through the internet.
nooch

Problem Connecting Cumulus to Remote VP2 via MeteoBridge(SOL

Post by nooch »

mcrossley wrote:If you are going through the router have you set up the forwarding for port 2222?
SUCCESS!! I finally had a chance to forward port 22222 on the public-facing router (not the TL-MR3020) and now it works! All of the Cumulus settings in my screenshot are the same, except that "Discon period" is now set to 0.

I thought that there was no need to forward ports since I could log into the MeteoBridge remotely. Then I read the wiki and realized that the technology behind remotely logging into the MeteoBridge was done via other means.

Many thanks to mcrossley for the advice!
NCWeather
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2

Post by NCWeather »

Hey guys, Im totally new to this. I have a meteobridge wired lan to my router. it orks great uploading rapid fire to weather underground and CWOP. I'm trying to connect Cumulus to the meteobridge so I can use it to view my data. Im not sure how to setup the meteobridge to talk to cumulus. Is this done in the"services" tab of meteobridge? If so, what specifically do I need to add? Ive got the cumulus software set up.See attached images.

Thanks
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

Post by jlmr731 »

Its cumulus that talks to metrobridge, so nothing to do there. as far as what i see it should be good to go as long as you entered the right IP for your metrobridge, as it looks like you do from the pics. are you getting any errors when you start cumulus?
Also you cannot have any other programs (like davis or others) connected to it at the same time