Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Why do storm tracks change depending on radar?

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Daffypuck
Weather Station: DVV
Operating System: Windows 7

Why do storm tracks change depending on radar?

Post by Daffypuck »

Sorry for what may be a silly question, but why do weather tracks in Radarscope change when switching station?? In other words, if I look at one radar, the storm is tracking due south, but then I switch to a station just 45 miles away and it has the strom track tracking southwest. Not SW relative to the station, but SW period?
captzero
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 w/ daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Why do storm tracks change depending on radar?

Post by captzero »

Not a silly question but I am wondering what this has to do with Cumulus (or Davis stations). Have you thought to ask the author of Radarscope this question? I can see they have a website and their own facebook page.
Dan

http://www.brisbaneliveweather.com

A man with a thermometer always knows the temperature. A man with two thermometers, not so sure.
Daffypuck
Weather Station: DVV
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Daffypuck »

Well, I guess you could apply it to Cumulus software, or weather Underground as well. I just though since this is a weather related site that I could ask a weather related question. I use Cumulus (with my Davis VV), Radarscope and other tools to monitor and record the weather and thought I would pose the question here since I was already a member of this site.
captzero
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 w/ daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by captzero »

Daffypuck wrote:Well, I guess you could apply it to Cumulus software, or weather Underground as well.
Sorry, I don't follow your logic. As this is a Cumulus software forum (as opposed to a general weather forum) you will always get an answer to your Cumulus software questions. I'm guessing that as no one has answered your question here yet, it may have been better to ask the Radarscope author. At least you'd have an answer by now. But don't give up hope just yet, the members of this forum are very knowledgeable and I'm sure someone will respond. Good luck.
Dan

http://www.brisbaneliveweather.com

A man with a thermometer always knows the temperature. A man with two thermometers, not so sure.