Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Max Temperature

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
ramsded
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: W10

Max Temperature

Post by ramsded »

I do not have Cumulus running all the time, but download data to it from my VP2 generally daily, I also continue to download to Weatherlink. Yesterday happened to be my hottest day of the year, but noticed that Cumulus recorded this at 29.2oC whilst Weatherlink recorded 29.5oC, as they both get data from the same source I am not sure why ?

This is possibly a question that has been asked before but I cannot find any reference.

Thanks in anticipation of any replies.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Max Temperature

Post by steve »

The archive data contains three temperatures. The highest reading over the archive period, the lowest reading over the archive period, and the average value over the archive period (this value can also be configured in the console to be the final reading of the archive period; I don't know what the default is).

Cumulus uses only the third figure - it's a compromise to allow Cumulus to have as much code as possible that is common to all weather station types.
Steve