Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New Installation

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
ramsded
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: W10

New Installation

Post by ramsded »

I will be updating to a Davis VP2 shortly and whilst I have read thru all (most) of the support info, I would appreciate any guidence to the following:

Does Cumulus have to save data on the drive to which it is installed, so if want to save data on my E drive, I need to install there ?
I do not intend to run Cumulus all the time and until I gain confidence in using it will continue to use Weatherlink as well. Whilst understanding I should not run both at the same time, how does Cumulus gather data, do you press a download button as with Weatherlink, or when run will it just go and download data from where it left off ?
My data logger will be the USB version. With the latest version of the Cumulus software is it still necessary to use the Davis CP210X driver ?

Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: New Installation

Post by steve »

ramsded wrote:Does Cumulus have to save data on the drive to which it is installed, so if want to save data on my E drive, I need to install there ?
Yes, it always saves its data where it's installed; none of the locations are configurable.
I do not intend to run Cumulus all the time and until I gain confidence in using it will continue to use Weatherlink as well. Whilst understanding I should not run both at the same time, how does Cumulus gather data, do you press a download button as with Weatherlink, or when run will it just go and download data from where it left off ?
It automatically downloads the data from the logger from when it was last shut down, when it starts up.
My data logger will be the USB version. With the latest version of the Cumulus software is it still necessary to use the Davis CP210X driver ?
Yes, there is no direct USB support.
Steve