Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

UV valor max 4 !

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
OliII
Weather Station: WMR 200 by Oregon Scientific
Operating System: WinXP SP3

UV valor max 4 !

Post by OliII »

Hi !
Since few days, we have sunny days, and very hot (Temperature in afternoon is above 30°).
And i see on the graphs that UV maximum is always 4 ans some times decreasing to 2 !!
uv.png
My UV sensor is mounted on a pylone, at 4m from the ground, vertically.
At 5pm, uv is near 0 (perhaps 1)

I suspect that the sensor is wrong. Anybody has the same problem with the OS WMR200 UV Sensor ?
On this picture, i see that the UV SENSOR is mounted at 45 degrees ..
Is it good ?

Thx !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.7331.be/meteo website based on the phpBB3 forum and template. WMR200 + UVN 800 - Cumulus 1.9.4 1062 / Windows XP Service Pack 3 build 2600 FR
dive76
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2

Re: UV valor max 4 !

Post by dive76 »

I have the same problem. Max level 4 and I am in Indonesia with lots of sun. Changed the sensor already to a new one. Same result.
avoorpool
Weather Station: WMR200A
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Post by avoorpool »

Hi,

No Problem here with the same UV Sensor. (Oregon UVN800)
I mounted it indeed under a 450 angle, facing directly South. (into Sun path at noon)
Currently still measuring (in Toronto) a strong UV 8 at mid-day (Forecast says 6 - 8).
After initial installation, I had some "loose" contact in battery compartment, but fixed with a small piece of Aluminum foil :D :D
Do you have consitent transmission to main console?

Cheers,

Arthur
SJG1976
Weather Station: Davis WLL, with Airlink
Operating System: Raspberry Pi3 MX on USB Drive

Post by SJG1976 »

Im in Essex, been getting up to about 5 latly here, not sure whats thas like fir anyone else round this way, but I think its anout right?

Excuse my typing, ipad keys and me don't agree.
avoorpool

Post by avoorpool »

HI,

When the UV Sensor indicates a level "4", it obviously is working. :D
If it's malfunctioning, I would say it displays either "0" (nothing) or it works properly.

On my site I use a 7-Day UV Index Forecast script from Saratoga WX, with UV data that is provided (with permision) by TEMIS (http://www.temis.nl/).
Check it out and you can see the actual (Forecast) UV values for your region by typing in your Long/Lat coordinates.

Cheers,

Arthur
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by gwheelo »

ref: Oregon UVN800 mounting.

I am under the impression the unit is to be mounted vertically. Mine is mounted vertically (however not transmitting data to my old 968 console) and displaying 11 and 12 on sunny days in July (North Eastern Spain).

gwheelo
avoorpool

Post by avoorpool »

HI,

Seems a bit high to me. :o
According TEMIS (www.temis.nl) the UV Index has not been above 9.68 in July 2012 in Rome Italy (similar Lat (42o as your location).
Toronto has measured a few times a max UV of 10 in July (Lat 43o), similar to N.California / Milan Italy).
I can't find any specific installation instructions from Oregon in regards to the UVN800.

The site mentioned above (see UV Radiation) is interesting for daily UV forecast as well as previous dates/months/years for many locations in the World.

Cheers,

Arthur
gwheelo

Post by gwheelo »

Seems a bit high to me
My 11 and 12 readings are from an inexpensive and non calibrated unit from Oregon - so please understand my point. Mounted vertically works!

gwheelo
gwheelo

Post by gwheelo »

Wall mount or stake apparatus for insertion into the ground.
UVN800_lg.jpg
The photo, the Oregon description, and the mounting bracket kinda makes me think of a vertical mounting posture.

gwheelo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mildmuck
Weather Station: WMR88
Operating System: Win 7

Post by mildmuck »

I have a UVN800 sensor that came with my oregon WMR88 and mounted it in a vertical postion using the bracket that came with it. Working well so far. Received a maximum of 4 today. Its been spot on with the met office forecasts in my area.
holty1352
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by holty1352 »

I have two that I swap from time to time to ensure I get a correct reading . They both work and are compatible with the Met predictions exactly . Today after a 32 day "rainless" period followed by 43.4 mm of rain 36 hours ago it is reading now 7. . This makes sense to me . :)
billygray
Weather Station: WMR88
Operating System: Windows 8

Post by billygray »

I have the same UV sensor and it has worked fine since I installed it here in Spain at Christmas. The readings varied from 1 to 4 for months and I thought everything worked fine but we are in the middle of summer here in Spain where the local weather station says we are getting UV index of 10 today but my sensor will not go past 4 no matter how sunny it is, today it was really hot with clear skies and temperature of 44 deg C but still will not pass 4. Have I wasted my money or is there a fix for this.