Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New user

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
alee

New user

Post by alee »

I'm having a problem connecting my OS WM 918. I had been running some other s/w on my pc which worked well but I like the looks / functions in Cumulus so decided to switch.

My weather station was connected via a serial / usb connector on Com Port 5. Cumulus did not recognize it. I moved the serial cable directly from the weather station to COM1 and set the port speed to 9600. No joy.

I've tried two different serial cables but it's like the software isn't seeing the weather station. I ran procexp.exe and see Cumulus using Serial0.

Running a Dell 8200 / Windows XP Pro.

Any suggestions..
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: New user

Post by steve »

I assume you're not getting an error pop up from Cumulus saying it can't open the COM port?

You could try opening the debug window and see if anything appears - Cumulus logs the data from OS stations in that window.

It's possible that I've broken the code for the WM918 somehow, while doing changes for the wireless version - I don't know if anyone else is using a wired model.

Edit: What is 'serial0', by the way? If you've set Cumulus to COM1, shouldn't that be 'serial1'?

Steve
alee

Post by alee »

I had the problem that COM1 was in use but cleared that and now see cumulus.exe on serial0. According to something I found on a forum, the handle for COM1 = serial0.

Where do I find the debug log? I went to the menu and checked Debug Log but don't see where to find the data.

Lee
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

The debug log file is in the Cumulus installation folder. But if you open the debug window you will see any data there.

When you say you cleared the com port in use problem, what did you do? Reboot with the station disconnected?

Steve
alee

Post by alee »

There is no data in the debug window.

The utility procexp.exe said the port was being used by my prior software. I de-installed the software and reassigned COM1 on the Cumulus configuration page.

I have not tried rebooting with the weather station disconnected. I'll try that.
alee

Post by alee »

Okay, got it running - my UPS was assigned to COM1 though it's USB. Will have to figure out how to re-direct it.

I think the main problem is that I'm brain dead. I have a WMR968 not a 918. I'm sampling data now.

Is there any way to pull the history off my weather station into Cumulus?

Also, the display says the Sun rise time is 21:06 and the Sun set time is 06:56. Am I missing something? These don't appear to be right.

Lee
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

alee wrote:Is there any way to pull the history off my weather station into Cumulus?
By 'history', you mean the max and mins? No.
Also, the display says the Sun rise time is 21:06 and the Sun set time is 06:56. Am I missing something? These don't appear to be right
Incorrect location co-ordinates, probably.

Steve
alee

Post by alee »

Steve,

Thank you. All appears to be working now.

I really appreciate your help.

Lee