Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problems to get Rain gauge to report to CumulusMX

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
Flodanilsson
Weather Station: Oregon WM200
Operating System: Windows10

Problems to get Rain gauge to report to CumulusMX

Post by Flodanilsson »

Hi all.
I add this as information that could benefit someone else with the same problem I had.

I had to replace my rain gauge for my Oregon WMR200 weather station due to the old one stop working a while ago.
After I changed the gauge I could not get any information regarding rain into CumulusMX, even though I could see it on the weather station it self, as well as on my telldus installation.
It presented 0 on my CumulusMX and in all other files (like realtime.txt) no matter how much it rained.
All other numbers from the station was sent to CumulusMX though, wind speed and direction, pressure, temperatures and humidity, updating the values on the dashboard correct every 30 seconds or so.

I tried to get this working by doing resets of the gauge, the station, restarting CumulusMX and all the above in different combination without any success.

My solution at the end was to remove all old data (all files in backup and data folders under CumulusMX installation folder) and then restart the system, with no historic data left, all other settings was kept though.
I have no clue why old historical data should interfere with what CumulusMX decides to receive from the station though.

After I did that it started to report in to CumulusMX again.

Flodanilsson
SUBYDAZZ
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 11

Re: Problems to get Rain gauge to report to CumulusMX

Post by SUBYDAZZ »

I seem to be having a similar problem, I often get zero rain recorded in CumulusMX after rainy days and the other day I watched by console record over 4mm of rain in an hour, but CumulusMX only recorded 1mm. I thought the connection to the rain gauge from the console was dropping out but now I'm not so sure. Will there be anything in the logs I can upload to see what might be going on here? This happens to be a replacement rain gauge also.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Which version of CMX?

Have you updated to v2.28.5?
SUBYDAZZ
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by SUBYDAZZ »

I was running latest versions up to 3.28.3 - build 3280. Now I've gone to build 3282 I've got even more issues: viewtopic.php?t=19837

The station was at least talking to CumulusMX before the last update.