Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Oregon rain gauge

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
andyjrb
Weather Station: WH1090
Operating System: Vista

Oregon rain gauge

Post by andyjrb »

My Oregon unit (WMR112) stopped receiving from its rain gauge a couple of weeks ago. The light still blinks on the transmitter and I've checked the batteries etc, but the data is blank even when the channels are searched (all the other remote units are fine). It's worked OK for over 5 years. Anybody any ideas?
Thanks
Andy
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: Oregon rain gauge

Post by gwheelo »

Same thing happened to me a few years back - same symptoms. Seattle after I carefully detailed the situation sent me a new transmitter - however the problem was the circuit board in the collection unit. I found a fairy inexpensive unit on the internet and the system has worked flawlessly ever since - with the old transmitter. Now I have a spare. I believe the waterproofing on the collector failed - who would have thought a rain collector might get wet.

By the way I found a funnel with exactly four times the opening area - mounted it with super glue and altered the cumulus rain gauge input accordingly. That mod appears to work for me.

GW
andyjrb
Weather Station: WH1090
Operating System: Vista

Post by andyjrb »

Thanks. Can you recall whereabouts you got the gauge?
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by gwheelo »

Not easily off hand- I am in Spain and I ordered from a US source and had it sent to my son in the US as he was headed my way the next week. I will look to see if I am able to find an invoice.

GW

OK- found it. Ambient Weather http://www.ambientweather.com/

Oregon Scientific RGR-968 RGR-968-ONLY-GREEN 1 29.95
Replacement Rain Gauge
for the WMR-968 / WMR-918
/ WMR-112A - Green
(Shipped)

Subtotal 29.95 (US Dollars)
Shipping 7.86 (within US - a bit steep I thought at the time

It is in green plastic - probably for John Deere labeling