Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Error message: connect timeout

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
sollie
Weather Station: oregen scientific
Operating System: windows xp

Error message: connect timeout

Post by sollie »

Running version 1.9.4 and are linked to wunderground pws IWESTERN 269,being running it for 2 years
Weather station Oregen Scientific W200
Last 2 weeks the PWS will not connect to my computer and getting error message " connect timeout" when i want to do webupdate
Greetings
Sollie
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Error message: connect timeout

Post by steve »

I'm sorry, but I can't work out what problem it is that you're reporting - or maybe it's more than one problem? Is it that the uploads to Wunderground won't work, or the uploads to your own web site, or both? You mention Wunderground, but 'web update' and 'connect timeout' sound like problems with ftp - i.e. uploading to your own web site. Do you have your own web site? I don't know what you mean by "the PWS will not connect to my computer" - is that another problem?

I can see on the WU site that it says that station IWESTERN269 is not reporting, so for that problem, if you turn on the debug log in Cumulus, then the debug.log file will show the attempted uploads to WU and any error message that WU is returning.

The section of the forum that you have posted in is for the beta version of Cumulus - Cumulus MX. Are you actually using Cumulus MX or 1.9.4?
Steve
sollie
Weather Station: oregen scientific
Operating System: windows xp

Post by sollie »

Running Cumulus 1.9.4
Cumulus does not update my page is in screenshot attached
Wunderground PWS IWESTERN 269
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Windows may not be detecting your station. If you zip up the diags folder and attach it to a reply in this thread, I'll take a look.
Steve