Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Tempertature Display in Incorrect

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
King Kong
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR88
Operating System: Windows 7

Tempertature Display in Incorrect

Post by King Kong »

Hello
My Oregon Scientific WMR88 base station is showing an outside temperature of 27C. The Cumulus displays a temperature of 7.1C. The sun rise time is off as well. On previous Cumulus versions I could select "USB" radio button under configuration/station settings/VP type". Now I don't have that selection and I wonder if that is what's causing my display issues. Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Tempertature Display in Incorrect

Post by steve »

The USB setting under "VP Type" was for VP stations only (i.e. Davis stations). There is no USB setting for WMR88 stations as they can only be USB.

Your sunrise time problem is probably because you have entered your co-ordinates incorrectly, see the FAQ - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#My_sun ... _are_wrong

Is it logging the same figure to the May log file as displayed on the main screen? You may find that stopping and starting it again gets the display updating again.

If you turn on debug logging and let it run for a few minutes, the debug.log file will show the data packets from the station. If you attach the file to a reply in this thread, and tell me what the console was displaying for the outside temperature at the time, and what Cumulus was displaying, I'll take a look. A screen shot of the main Cumulus screen would be useful. Please also zip up the diags folder and attach it to the same reply.
Steve
King Kong

Post by King Kong »

Thanks very much for the prompt response.
I've updated the Long + Lat and have now got the correct sunrise time. Thanks
Please find enclosed the debug.log, zipped Diags folder and a screen shot. The console was displaying an outside temperature approximately 1 degree C less than the Oregon Consol. It looks as though stopping and starting the Cumulus console has brought the Oregon and Cumulus console inline with each other.

Thank you for clarify USB capability.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Cumulus is not receiving any data from the station, for some of the time at least. This is why the red error light is flashing; had you clicked on it you would have seen the error message.

19/05/2015 08:46:00.111 : *** Data input appears to have stopped

You are allowing your PC to go into standby (see the warnings in the readme.txt and in large text at the top of the forum page); it is quite likely that this is the cause of the data transfer stopping (and in any case causes gaps in your data for the time while the PC is suspended).

19/05/2015 08:46:05.408 : Windows SUSPEND broadcast received
19/05/2015 17:02:30.531 : Windows TIMECHANGE message received
Steve
King Kong

Post by King Kong »

Hi Steve
Thanks for the response. I'm working on an alternate solution that will keep "Cumulus" active as opposed to going off line when the PC goes into suspend mode.