Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New to Cumulus and want to use it on Weatherbug.com

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
trixiet
Weather Station: WMR200
Operating System: Windows 7

New to Cumulus and want to use it on Weatherbug.com

Post by trixiet »

Hi folks! I am new to Cumulus and want to use it on WeatherBug. I have installed Cumulus Version 1.9.4, Build 1099. The program seems to be working correctly as I have been watching the outside temperature. But I do not see any update on WeatherBug. Is there some sort of time delay before Cumulus updates WeatherBug or do I have some setting wrong? I contacted WeatherBug but they were of no help. My station is a WMR200 and when I was using Virtual Weather it seemed to work very good. But Virtual weather software is erratic in putting in wrong data. For example, the outside high temperature was 35 degrees but Virtual Weather said it was 98.5. Rainfall is very erratic and the wind speed and direction takes 3 to 5 minutes to update. If anyone knows how to setup Cumulus to work with WeatherBug, I would be very grateful for any assistance.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: New to Cumulus and want to use it on Weatherbug.com

Post by steve »

You've presumably entered your Weatherbug account details in the Weatherbug panel on the internet settings screen, so if you turn on the debug log (on the Configuration menu) and let Cumulus run until a Weatherbug update should have taken place, then the debug.log file should show the attempted upload to Weatherbug, and the response, which should help pinpoint the problem.
Steve
trixiet

Post by trixiet »

Thanks for the speedy reply. How long does it take for Cumulus to upload data to WeatherBug and when should I see an update? I made some changes on the internet page and shut down Cumulus and rebooted it. Is there any indication on the main page to show a upload attempt?
trixiet

Post by trixiet »

Where do I see this Debug log file?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

It will attempt updates at the interval you have specified, synchronised to the clock minutes if you have specified an interval which is a factor of 60, or every N minutes after it starts up otherwise. The debug.log file is in the folder where you have installed Cumulus.
Steve