Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR88 Pro - experiences

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
boblehai
Weather Station: WMR88 (Pro)
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro

WMR88 Pro - experiences

Post by boblehai »

Hi.

I think I am going to purchase a WMR88. I see there is two models: WMR88 and WMR88 Pro? Is the Pro version supported by Cumulus? Can't find it on the list.
Have not bought anything yet, and I just want something that works without to much bugs and config. (And hopefully with a reasonable price :) )
Good suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks
Bob
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WMR88 Pro - experiences

Post by steve »

What's the difference between the two? I imagine the base unit will be the same.
Steve
Spudler
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR88A
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit

Post by Spudler »

Hmm Interesting, I did not know there was a WMR88 and a WMR88 Pro. I did know there was a WMR88 and a WMR88A.
I have the WMR88A and it works fantastic with Cumulus.
I have been able to set it up to upload info to Twitter and WeatherBug.
I keep it plugged in via USB, have it set to upload data to Twitter every 2 hours and WeatherBug every Minute ( or basically Real-time)
There are some settings I have been testing figuring out yet, have a Website I got cheap the URL cost .99 and the webhosting is .99 a month, but haven't figured out exactly how to upload the cumulus files nor set anything up on that yet.
Looking at my User manual they list it as Wireless Pro Weather Station with USB upload WMR88/WMR88A
And list that it is compatible with Other sensors the 3.0 Logo.
Currently I have it setup using the Outdoor Temp/Humidity Sensor, The Rain Gauge and the Wind Speed Direction Sensor, Do not have the UV UVN800, Pool Sensor THWR800, or the 2 other listed Thermo-Hygro Sensors.
I have been looking for the Solar Panel STC800 to connect to the Wind unit but haven't found one yet.
I have been really impressed with the WMR88A so far, Have wanted to get one of thee for many years but most I seen were either way out of price range ( Over $200) or did not have USB Upload ability.
This unit I found on eBay for under $40 with shipping and all sensors work perfectly.
thegasman
Weather Station: WMR88
Operating System: Raspbian on Pi2

Post by thegasman »

I don't think there are two versions. Do you have a link?
Some sites call it a 'pro' weather station, to distinguish it from more casual devices I think.

It's an excellent bit of kit for the money. Picked mine up from the Maplins stock clearance last year for around £70.
Still excellent value at full price.

Martin
Spudler
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR88A
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit

Post by Spudler »

Well I do know there is a difference between the WMR88 and the WMR88A.
All I have found about this is has to deal with Clock Reception and location Selection.
The WMR88 has a Switch for EU/UK and needs to be within 932 miles of either (EU) Frankfurt, Germany or (UK) Anthorn, England.

The WMR88A Does not have a selection switch and must be within 2000 miles of Fort Collins, Colorado
Though I have a feeling possibly they no longer broadcast the WWVB-60 Signal anymore as I am well within 2000 miles and my unit cannot acquire a signal and synchronize