Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Additional temp/humidity sensor for indoor use

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
sdc
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR180A
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro

Additional temp/humidity sensor for indoor use

Post by sdc »

Hi

To allow my main unit (WMR180A) to receive signals from the outdoor sensors, I have had to place it in the conservatory. This works well, and the radio USB receiver is in the study to pass the data to my laptop, which displays/logs the data and also uploads data to Weather Underground. However... in the colder weather, the indoor temperature display is recording lower temperatures as we often have the conservatory closed, and I wonder therefore how (or even if!) I can reassign an additional temperature/humidity sensor to be the indoor sensor, either on the console or via the software.

This, as far as I can tell, can't be done easily (unless there are cumulus.ini settings I've not seen or properly understood). Ideally, I would simply tell Cumulus that channel 3 is to be the indoor sensor, and then it (and therefore also Weather Underground) would pick up the readings from that sensor as the indoor readings, which would be more accurate.

Any suggestions on this would be appreciated; many thanks!
Stephen
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Additional temp/humidity sensor for indoor use

Post by steve »

You can currently only assign an extra sensor to give the main outdoor readings. There is an enhancement request asking for a facility to allow the indoor readings to be assigned in the same way. Until I get around to doing that in a future version of Cumulus, the only way I think you could achieve it would be if you could set the extra sensor to channel zero and somehow disable the existing indoor sensors.
Steve
sdc
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR180A
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro

Re: Additional temp/humidity sensor for indoor use

Post by sdc »

Thanks for the speedy reply! If that's to be an added feature at some point, that would be very useful, thanks. I don't think there's a way of setting the additional sensor to channel 0 (or, for that matter, any way to "disable" the built-in indoor sensor, but I'd be happy to be wrong if anyone can enlighten me!

Cumulus is a great piece of software, incidentally! Much appreciated.

Thanks again,
Stephen