Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

No Windrun data - WMR-968

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

No Windrun data - WMR-968

Post by gwheelo »

I am operating an Oregon WMR-968 unit receiving only data from the anemometer/wind direction unit plus the data generated within the console (inside temperature, humidity, pressure). The station is configured as a WMR-928

Windrun data on the console remains at 0 (zero) as is the #windrun tag generated data. All other wind data (Latest, bearing, Gust, Average, Avg. Dir) all display correctly and generate webtag data.

I am deliberately not using any other remote sensors (such as raingauge, ouside temp, etc) .with this console.

This is a new installation of an older WMR-968 which functioned many years without any problems and always displayed Windrun correctly.

Cumulus is version is 194, build 1094.

Simultaneously a WMR-88 is functioning close by and without incident. For reference the WMR-88 is reporting 106.2 km windrun at the moment.

Can this be attributed to a fault with the WMR-968 or should I look else ware.

Suggestions welcome.

gwheelo
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: No Windrun data - WMR-968

Post by steve »

As mentioned in the readme.txt, Cumulus assumes a certain level of functionality so that it can check that the station has started sending data, before it starts performing "periodic" tasks. The calculation of wind run is done periodically (once a minute). See the FAQ for how you can override this - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Cumulu ... eb_uploads
Steve
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: No Windrun data - WMR-968

Post by gwheelo »

Once again from the fastest support line in the computer world. That was it. As the station was reporting and transmitting wind data I never connected that functionality. I do remember once when I was having remote sensor problems that that was the problem! :bash:

Thanks as always, Steve :clap: :clap:

gwheelo