Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problem with Cumulus wind battery indicator

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
adders
Weather Station: Oregon WMR200
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Problem with Cumulus wind battery indicator

Post by adders »

I have an Oregon WMR200 weather station and are using Cumulus 1.9.4 build 1095 on Windows XP SP3.
The wind battery indicator on both Cumulus and the WMR200 display showed that the anemometer batteries needed replacing. After replacing the batteries, the wind battery indicator on the WMR200 display reset (i.e. disappeared) but the Cumulus battery indicator still shows a flat battery. I have several times a) shutdown and restarted Cumulus, b) disconnected and reconnected the USB cable to the PC, c) done a remove and re-install of Cumulus, without any change to the wind battery indicator. It still shows the batteries needs replacing. Can anyone help? https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/images/smilies/bash.gif
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Problem with Cumulus wind battery indicator

Post by steve »

I found the same thing when I experimented with the rain gauge battery - https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11359

I haven't checked recently to see if the flag ever did get reset, I'll try to find some time to do that.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I've checked mine, and the 'rain battery low' flag is still set. Perhaps software is expected to reset it...
Steve
adders
Weather Station: Oregon WMR200
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by adders »

I have now had time to investigate this problem further. I loaded VWS software onto the PC and it showed the same problem i.e. anemometer battery indicator showing battery needing replacement but WMR200 battery indication was OK, hence problem was with the OS hardware, not Cumulus. Next step was to reset the WMR200 by depowering. When WMR200 was powered up again, the problem was fixed. Cumulus now shows anemometer battery is OK.