Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

UV Sensor

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
ThurrockWeather
Weather Station: OS WMR88
Operating System: Windows 7

UV Sensor

Post by ThurrockWeather »

Hello

I've looked through the topics on the Oregon section so forgive me if I'm asking a question already asked.

I bought a UV Sensor for my WMR88 and paired it successfully.

However, the display has read "0" all day despite it being in a sunny location and today being sunny.

I cannot see on my Cumulus display any section for UV and although the display showed "0" on the weather station, the tweet I send automatically only sent a zero reading after I included the UV Index webtag.

Do I need to update anything to get a reading? Have I missed something that should be added to any files to get the data to flow?

On Cumulus I use the WMR100 setting and it seems to work fine. I upload to weatherbug, twitter and PWS which have UV tick boxes but appear to by missing a facility to switch on UV

Many thanks and regards

Phil
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: UV Sensor

Post by steve »

To get Cumulus to display UV, select 'Display solar/extra data' on the display settings screen. But as long as your console is showing zero, that's all that Cumulus can display. You need to get that fixed, there's nothing you can do in Cumulus that will make your weather station show a reading.
Steve
grwkak
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by grwkak »

It can be sunny and read zero - how is it mounted? I have such as sensor and its mounted horizontally (sensor pointing to sky) in a relatively shade free location. In the winter/early spring since the sun is lower on the horizon, zero readings are common. As spring transitions into summer and the sun is higher in the southern sky then higher readings occur.
ThurrockWeather

Thank you for your replies. I've found where to switch on the UV data for Cumulus. I guess the proof of the pudding for the index reading will be in a couple of months time.

Regards Phil
anglaberga
Weather Station: Oregon WMR88
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by anglaberga »

Where did you find how to turn on UV sensor ?
westonweather
Weather Station: WMR88

Post by westonweather »

ThurrockWeather wrote:Thank you for your replies. I've found where to switch on the UV data for Cumulus. I guess the proof of the pudding for the index reading will be in a couple of months time.

Regards Phil
Currently reading UV 2 in the Sunny SouthWest. I have added UV to my pages on the website. http://www.westonweather.co.uk

0 can occur even on a Sunny day. If there are pollutants / moisture in the air they will affect the amount of UV getting to the sensor.

You can see how much it varies HERE
ThurrockWeather

Seems to be working a treat now. Been recording between 0 and 1 for most of the morning