Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CUMULUS 1.9.3 build 1059 DOES NOT WORK WITH WIN 8 PRO

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
johnt13
Weather Station: OREGON WMR200A
Operating System: WIN 8 PRO WITH MEDIA CENTER

CUMULUS 1.9.3 build 1059 DOES NOT WORK WITH WIN 8 PRO

Post by johnt13 »

I have this problem when I installed for the first time on my PC Windows Pro 64 bit with Media Center.After installing Cumulus 1.9.3,a windows message comes saying that this program doesnt istalled correctly.After that when I try to open Cumulus,in the error status being red , it is written thousands of times
:12/10/2013 21:33:50 : Please correct the error by editing dayfile.txt
12/10/2013 21:33:50 : Error plotting charts at line 20 of dayfile.txt: '0;00:00;0' is not a valid floating point value:

Any suggestions?
Cumulus with Windows 8 is installed correctly.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: CUMULUS 1.9.3 build 1059 DOES NOT WORK WITH WIN 8 PRO

Post by steve »

It's a problem with your Windows regional settings. If you were running Cumulus before you changed to Windows 8, then you now have different settings, so Windows cannot make sense of the items in the log files. If you want to use the same log files, you have to use the same settings. The same decimal separator, the same list separator, the same date format etc.

If you have been running Cumulus with different settings, then you may have a mixture of entries in the log files, so you will need to edit the files to make the entries match your current settings.
Steve
johnt13
Weather Station: OREGON WMR200A
Operating System: WIN 8 PRO WITH MEDIA CENTER

Post by johnt13 »

This is the bug I get when I run Cumulus with my old data logs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Post by BigOkie »

johnt13 wrote:This is the bug I get when I run Cumulus with my old data logs
Uh...Steve just gave you why you're having the error. Your Windows regional settings have changed (i.e. different date formats, possibly changed the decimal separator, etc).

I would reconcile that before posting this. If you find that it hasn't changed, then there is obviously something else going on. It appears from the two lines that you provided that Cumulus is seeing a date format in a field it's not expecting it to be in.
midwest rhino
Weather Station: ambient weather
Operating System: windows 8.1 pro

Post by midwest rhino »

cumulus 1.9.4 build 1086

I had Cumulus working fine on Vista ... installed this new one on new drive with Win 8.1 pro ...
it doesn't find the data ... red light flashes ... I tried several settings, but fine offset is what I used before.

I then installed EasyWeather, and it reads the data, but on downloading data it gets stuck after a bit, gives IDispatch error #3081 and locks up (if that helps)

It is installed in c:cumulus ... not with program files. don't think it found the old ini, old c drive not attached, D backup is, but I don't see configuration settings there.

and now, for no apparent reason ... it is working.

all I did was close my logitech alert commander ... which is networked video security ... and restarted cumulus ....
still works after restarting the logitech thing

thanks ... :)