Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Shared UserReports

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Shared UserReports

Post by AndyKF650 »

I have recently been working on the layout of my CUtils UserReports and have now settled on a tabular layout for the basic information, TodayYesterday and MonthYear UserReports as per the attached screen shots. The various html files are attached for information.

They give a quick lookup for the information contained within CMX and CUtils using a mix of webtags and script to generate the reports which I have linked to my website via the "ExtraWebFiles " facility in CMX settings and the CUserMenu in CUtils.

It is surprising that with time and perseverance it is possible to add extra reports to the excellent CUtils format.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
meteo19
Weather Station: Davis VP2+/DP1500 SmartHub
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Pro

Re: Shared UserReports

Post by meteo19 »

Other examples of tables today-yesterday, month-year. Easily editable French version for languages and colors.Everything is possible with UserReports.
:clap: Hans.
Today-Yest.PNG
Month-Year.PNG
Auj-Hier.zip
Mois-An.zip
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi there

This looks like a step forward for my tables, already I have a fine boarder and some of the data point headings translated to English.

Once the first table is working as I want the rest will follow.

Currently the work up is in my UserReports AndyKTest.

Good work Patrick :D
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

I have been working on some UserReports to show at a quick glance changes in conditions. The project has also enhanced my coding skills in the construction of tables, this would have been very difficult a year or so ago. It just goes to show that CMX/CUtils can be more than just a weather platform if you want a challenge.

I have attached screen shots and files showing just where I am at the moment, thanks go to Patrick for showing the way for alternate line colours. As ever this may change over time, suggestions are always welcomed.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

AndyKF650 wrote: Sun 30 Jan 2022 8:01 am It just goes to show that CMX/CUtils can be more than just a weather platform if you want a challenge.
Haha... that's a bonus ;)
I intended it to be the opposite: an easy one view interface to the weather data. But it's good to hear it has become multi purpose :lol:
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
LindaFNM
Weather Station: Ecowitt
Operating System: Raspberry Pi

Post by LindaFNM »

Andy,

As a bit of light relief ;) from trying to get a functioning WindRose, I’m happily changing colours everywhere and looking at your UserReports!

Are you happy with me downloading and attempting to use them please? I may eventually be able to write my own but this is a nice lazy way out for now. Thank you.

Linda
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Linda

No problem with the download, that is why they are published on the forum. I thought the wind rose worked
LindaFNM
Weather Station: Ecowitt
Operating System: Raspberry Pi

Post by LindaFNM »

Andy,

Thanks for that.

I have data issues, I hope I'm on the home run now, if not, I'll be asking for help on here! The main problem is that it's a lot more interesting customising the interface than examining month files...... :D

Linda
meteo19
Weather Station: Davis VP2+/DP1500 SmartHub
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Pro

Post by meteo19 »

AndyKF650 wrote: Sun 30 Jan 2022 8:01 am I have been working on some UserReports to show at a quick glance changes in conditions. The project has also enhanced my coding skills in the construction of tables, this would have been very difficult a year or so ago. It just goes to show that CMX/CUtils can be more than just a weather platform if you want a challenge.

I have attached screen shots and files showing just where I am at the moment, thanks go to Patrick for showing the way for alternate line colours. As ever this may change over time, suggestions are always welcomed.
Well done Andy :lol:

Regards
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

My latest UserReport is a comparison of the current month against AllTime month which seems to be OK.

There a couple issue that I can see, namely the longest time without rain is currently showing -9999 days rather than zero which is a bit odd. Not to sure how to sort the problem.

The second issue is the apparent lack of a AllTimeMonthly webtag for monthly sunshine hours in the form <#ByMonthSunshineHoursMonth> at the moment I have just compared the current month with the same month last year using <#SunshineHoursMonth r=-12>. Not quite correct but at least it gives a result.

I have attached a copy of the code file and screen shot showing the screen.

Hans, I expect the coding error is a CMX problem and not a CUtils problem.
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Andy,

You are trying out all webtags ;) Nice exercise!
AndyKF650 wrote: Fri 04 Feb 2022 8:48 pm There a couple issue that I can see, namely the longest time without rain is currently showing -9999 days rather than zero which is a bit odd. Not to sure how to sort the problem.
I assume you use the webtag YearLongestDryPeriod. On my CMX that gives a correct value. You can try yourself (any webtag) through the API. So for this webtag give:

Code: Select all

http://<localhost or IPaddress>:8998/api/tags/process.json?YearLongestDryPeriod
If the above gives a correct value on your machine, you probably have a typo somewhere (I did not check).
AndyKF650 wrote: Fri 04 Feb 2022 8:48 pm The second issue is the apparent lack of a AllTimeMonthly webtag for monthly sunshine hours in the form <#ByMonthSunshineHoursMonth> at the moment I have just compared the current month with the same month last year using <#SunshineHoursMonth r=-12>. Not quite correct but at least it gives a result.
Mmm... yes that appears to be non-existent. If you need it, ask Mark in the CMX forum thread maybe you get it on his todo list ;)
You could get all the sunshine hours for each year individually and then add those in a small javascript snippet () to some variable and put that into the HTML but to be true: that is a bit against the webtag system and it becomes programming. Don't think you are looking for that. I would not do it :lol:
AndyKF650 wrote: Fri 04 Feb 2022 8:48 pm Hans, I expect the coding error is a CMX problem and not a CUtils problem.
I don't really see a coding error atm, but if there is, yes it would be a CMX issue
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

At long last I have found some time to clean up my coding on the UserReports, when you copy from another site all sorts of extra lines get included for little benefit.
I now have a changed colour for hover and alternate coloured lines which I think look good, it is an example of what is achievable given the will and some time.
The attached files show where I am at now and maybe I will just rest on this for a while especially since sunny Jersey is living up to its name.
HansR

Post by HansR »

@Andy, @Patrick,

Are those the most recent versions of your user reports?
I think of going to make use of some.
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans
Yes the User Reports on my site have not needed to be changed for some time and are current.
HansR

Post by HansR »

OK, thanks.
Hans