Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

User Reports and iFrame

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: User Reports and iFrame

Post by HansR »

meteo19 wrote: Sun 09 Jan 2022 10:37 am So the I do not understand because both parameters are on false. :?:
Aha... the compiler does not take into account the ShowInsideMeasurements because it is the user who actually defines the charts. So if the user does not want to show inside humidity or temperature he just has to leave it out.

However, the default CutilsCharts.def contains the definitions to plot the inside temperature and humidity for the Overview, Temperature and Humidity charts.
You probably did not delete those PLOT statements.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
meteo19
Weather Station: Davis VP2+/DP1500 SmartHub
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Pro

Post by meteo19 »

HansR wrote: Sun 09 Jan 2022 11:53 am
meteo19 wrote: Sun 09 Jan 2022 10:37 am So the I do not understand because both parameters are on false. :?:
Aha... the compiler does not take into account the ShowInsideMeasurements because it is the user who actually defines the charts. So if the user does not want to show inside humidity or temperature he just has to leave it out.

However, the default CutilsCharts.def contains the definitions to plot the inside temperature and humidity for the Overview, Temperature and Humidity charts.
You probably did not delete those PLOT statements.
Well done Hans the problem is fixed in CutilsCharts.def.
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

Well after my crash course in html and css coding I have got to a table that both works for me and looks better than my initial effort. As you suggested the solution was in padding and margins but it took a fair amount of effort to get there. A screen shot and copy of the file is attached for information

Personally, I find that the CUtils User report, CURPT, works well for iterative development in slowly working out what works and does not especially given my relative lack of coding experience. Once the final solution is done copying the file to a new file in utils and processing it as an extra web file in CMX means that it can be updated regularly without the extra step of a crontab update.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

AndyKF650 wrote: Sun 09 Jan 2022 2:35 pm but it took a fair amount of effort to get there
I knew that: those box parameters are not easy to fathom at start because of their relative interaction. But studying is doing in this case :)
AndyKF650 wrote: Sun 09 Jan 2022 2:35 pm Once the final solution is done copying the file to a new file in utils and processing it as an extra web file in CMX means that it can be updated regularly without the extra step of a crontab update.
It works fine that way so if that has your preference it is the way to go.
Hans

LindaFNM
Weather Station: Ecowitt
Operating System: Raspberry Pi

Post by LindaFNM »

I've managed to get Andy's User reports working (thanks Andy!) and manually updating using the UserReports call then copying the files is fine. What I'm now stuck on is automatically updating using the extra web files from Cumulus. I understand that clicking the menu calls the .txt file, but can't figure out how this picks up the Cumulus updated data. I have the files generated via CumulusMX, I'm not sure if I'm doing this properly though, eg TodayYestertday.txt? Thank you.
Linda
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Linda

You need to define your source file and then the destination, then tick process to get the transfer to work using the update interval set in internet settings normal interval settings. Mine is set to every 15 mins which seems to work ok.

I have attached a screen shot of the extra web files in CMX to give you the idea of what to use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

Linda,

I learned that Andy and you apparently prefer to use CMX itself to have the user reports beings treated as Extra Web files.

No problem, but it was designed to be used during the regular call of CumulusUtils. Either the main call to CumulusUtils with the either the argument UserReports or Website on whatever frequency you choose. (e.g. in the daily crontab entry or the (e.g.) 10 minute frequency for the UserAskedData/systemInfo. Does this have to do with not using the FTP?

It is all correct but why the CMX method?
Hans

LindaFNM

Post by LindaFNM »

Hans,

Yes, for me, it's to do with not using FTP, I couldn't think of any other way to update without running the call. It's all working beautifully with the realtime.txt copy and an update for the YADR etc every few days.

Linda
HansR

Post by HansR »

So will this be your permanent setup or will you be setting up a real website eventually (like Andy did)
Hans

LindaFNM

Post by LindaFNM »

Truthfully, I don’t know at the moment, I’m quite happy like this as I’m still very much feeling my way through the whole thing and need to be a lot more proficient!
HansR

Post by HansR »

:) Ok. One of the things you eventually may think about is installing Apache and an FTP server. Others who are using the pi did that as well.
But anyway, if it works now and you're happy with it who cares ;)
Hans

LindaFNM

Post by LindaFNM »

It’s a very useful package which enhances CumulusMX considerably, and incorporates room to grow and improve one’s knowledge without too much extra coding etc to worry about. I think you have succeeded admirably in your goal when you introduced this utility.
HansR

Post by HansR »

LindaFNM wrote: Fri 11 Feb 2022 8:56 pm It’s a very useful package which enhances CumulusMX considerably, and incorporates room to grow and improve one’s knowledge without too much extra coding etc to worry about. I think you have succeeded admirably in your goal when you introduced this utility.
Thanks, that's great to hear :D
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans and Linda

I have just seen the yesterday's conversation regarding CUtils UserReports and the update facilities given by either CUtils or CMX. For me CMX and CUtils are complimentary programs, and for a user using the best bits efficiently is the way forward.

As I have mentioned before the ... .exe UserReport is a great way to develop reports since incremental changes can be quickly checked until a final report is completed. Using the CMX extra web files as the working update process is easy and has the added bonus of not flooding the CUtils utilslog with unneeded reports.

I have to say that after trying out some of the other website flavours I have come down firmly on the side of CUtils as in its basic form can present the CMX data in a clear manner and after some tweaking can present extra information in a manner that I like. After all I expect that I am the only person that actually looks at my own website. I am note sure of the next enhancement but I expect something will come to mind.

Keep up the great work Hans and don't weaken :D
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Andy,

OK, in the end it is the user who determines how to use the tool(s) :D
AndyKF650 wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 8:05 am I have to say that after trying out some of the other website flavours I have come down firmly on the side of CUtils as in its basic form can present the CMX data in a clear manner and after some tweaking can present extra information in a manner that I like.
Good to hear again ...
AndyKF650 wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 8:05 am After all I expect that I am the only person that actually looks at my own website.
That may be true for a great part but not for a 100%. Personally I look around for inspiration and also looking for climate and differences in Europe and no doubt more people check more than one station both for technique as for weather. Even within the small user base of CumulusUtils I find an interesting range of weather. Look e.g. for the differences between San Sebastian (unfortunately off the map) and Meteo Sangonera (who uses CUtils in a modular way for pwsFWI and the Gráficas climáticas). Check those two for e.g. differences in rainfall and the consequences of that for fire weather. Soil moisture could be interesting there as well and with that the influence on agriculture. Nice comparison also would be the temperature sum charts etc... ;)
AndyKF650 wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 8:05 am I am note sure of the next enhancement but I expect something will come to mind.
Neither am I but always in for a good idea (as long as it is within line of my CUtils philosophy) ;)
Current developments are mainly technical. See the Release Notes for v7. No date set yet.
AndyKF650 wrote: Sat 12 Feb 2022 8:05 am Keep up the great work Hans and don't weaken :D
No plans to stop. 'In rain and shine' I believe is the expression.
Hans