Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CUtils v673

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

CUtils v673

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

A quick note to say the new version was loaded and works after a bit of a fiddle.

Usually a new version just requires the download and extract to the utils folder and then run the Website upgrade. This time when I looked at my website, after the initial download and run, the programme was not working.

To get the system running I stopped CMX and rebooted the RPi restarted CMX and reran the Website update, this then left everything running perfectly. :)

As an aside surely since Windows 7 is so out of date and Microsoft are not supporting it why is it taking up your valuable development time?
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: CUtils v673

Post by HansR »

OK, thanks for the warning but it is a bit of a surprise to see that on an RPi (I did not have that issue). But I do not regard it as a real problem because apparently it worked after the reboot (fortunately... pfff...). I assume that if you say you extract to the utils directory that also the bin and the other dirs get overwritten?

And yes, Windows 7 is out of date but apparently it is still working and - very important - CMX itself is still running on that platform, so for now it must be accepted.
For version 7 (coming up in near future depending on a lot of things so timing unknown) it may be another story, but if CMX runs on a system, CUtils must be able to run as well.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

EDIT... had referred to wrong version:
Updated to v673 v674 and all fine on Windows 10.
I had not done the moon settings to true in doing the manual website run, but have now edited cumulusutils.ini and the next run will be with the UseCMXMoonImage=true

Enjoy,
Paul
Last edited by PaulMy on Mon 22 Nov 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Post by AndyKF650 »

Have just run the upgrade v674 and all is good.

The moon image has been set to CMXMoonimage=true and my previous work around for the moon image removed from CUsermenu. The appropriate panel in cumulusutils.ini needs to have Panelxx=LunarDisc. Re running the Website update gets the appropriate panel with a CMX Moon Image.

Great job Hans much better than my effort :clap: