Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Beginner - CumulusUtils installation

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

Benji60
Weather Station: HP1000 Froggit Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Beginner - CumulusUtils installation

Post by Benji60 »

So on my raspberry it seems to be missing the html file, there is only the json + 1 text file.

On the other hand if I set FTP = True, on my site the html file is sent. The proof : https://meteo-gournaysuraronde.fr/template/index.html

Strange ...
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Post by AndyKF650 »

Well that is starting to look great. The clock and realtime is working as expected.

Not sure about the next step for you, can you post the last utilslog file and maybe HansR can advise.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

Benji60 wrote: Fri 12 Nov 2021 4:18 pm So on my raspberry it seems to be missing the html file, there is only the json + 1 text file.

On the other hand if I set FTP = True, on my site the html file is sent. The proof : https://meteo-gournaysuraronde.fr/template/index.html

Strange ...
You probably mean the inifile parameter DoUploadFTP.

Sending files by FTP is optional in CUtils. The reason for that is its modularity. Some users want to rework the output before they upload it manually to the destination (some nice examples of this can be found in Australia, see the map). But you want the website and therefore it is most useful to set

Code: Select all

DoUploadFTP=true
which then copies all CumulusUtils output to its destination. And it worked for you so that's good :D

The reason the JSON files were already sent is because a large portion of the data for the charts (the JSON files) are send by CMX itself. You have to configure that there as well. Don't bother about it when starting but when you are beginning to get deeper into the system you may tune the amount of data just to what you actually need. What you don't need you do not need to send.

CumulusUtils itself optimizes the data transfers - for the data it generates itself - automatically for a large part. But I think this is for a later stage.

At the moment I think you are on the right track, all reports and charts look good. There are two issues:
  • I don't see any NOAA reports. Most likely this is caused by a difference in directory name between CMX and CUtils.
  • You do appear on the usermap of CUtils users but that map does not appear on your site in the menu. That is strange, probably you need to run Cutils again to fetch the new map (it is a staged procedure). Secondly: I would appreciate if the link you use for the map is the link to your CumulusUtils site and not the Meteotemplate site. Hope there is some logic there ;)
For the rest it looks good and you can start optimizing and personalising the site. The Wiki should be of help here but of course, questions here on the forum are welcome too. Any observation for improvement on the wiki is welcome too.

And thanks to Andy!
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
HansR

Post by HansR »

And adding to that: debugging the NOAA report viewer I can't really see why it is not displaying: the filename is correct, it sees the file and there does not seem to be an error.
So I am wondering...

[EDIT:]
Or the report is empty
Hans

Benji60

Post by Benji60 »

Thanks for the help anyway, yes Noaa I don't understand either, the files are correct and are not empty.
For the card I also made myself the reflection.
I'll come back to you here at the beginning of the week because I'm away all weekend, I just wanted to start the machine and see if everything works, but I'm not worried!

Edit: on cumulus I often have the time of setting of the moon which poses problem and the I see that on cumulusutils it is the case too. Where could this error come from?
HansR

Post by HansR »

Benji60 wrote: Fri 12 Nov 2021 6:48 pm Edit: on cumulus I often have the time of setting of the moon which poses problem and the I see that on cumulusutils it is the case too. Where could this error come from?
I don't know what Cumulus 1 is doing but I don't see an issue in CumulusUtils regarding the moon rise/set.
It seems correct to me.
Hans

Benji60

Post by Benji60 »

Hello !
I took back the different files, now NOAA is well sent.
I modified the translation but since a new problem appears on the home page: the graph is not displayed, but if you change the graphs everything works!
UserMap still doesn't work either.

I changed the link to CumulusUtils

=> https://meteo-gournaysuraronde.fr/template/index.html

Thank you.
HansR

Post by HansR »

Benji60 wrote: Tue 16 Nov 2021 12:31 pm Hello !
I took back the different files, now NOAA is well sent.
I modified the translation but since a new problem appears on the home page: the graph is not displayed, but if you change the graphs everything works!
UserMap still doesn't work either.

I changed the link to CumulusUtils

=> https://meteo-gournaysuraronde.fr/template/index.html

Thank you.
OK, looking good!
There are two issues here: 1) the charts do not initialise well and 2) the map does not display.
  1. Look at the paragraph on the inifile/javascript parameters in the wiki and set those two parameters accordingly (=false);
  2. This most likely means the HTTPS POST/GET instructions to the map server do not work which smells like the OpenSSL issue we recently have heard about a lot. Please do the following:

Code: Select all

sudo nano /etc/ca-certificates.conf
    Put a ! in front of the line: /mozilla/DST_Root_CA_X3.crt
    Save the file: Ctrl-X, y
    sudo update-ca-certificates
    and run cumulusutils again.
If that does not work, please post the logfile of the last run.
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

Benji60 wrote: Tue 16 Nov 2021 12:31 pm I modified the translation but since a new problem appears on the home page: the graph is not displayed, but if you change the graphs everything works!
Are you aware that a fellow countryman of yours created a French language file?
You don't need to redo the work and - the file has extended a lot since the start - maybe you can cooperate for an update.
Hans

Benji60

Post by Benji60 »

Thanks for the answer!

So I corrected for the graphics it works!

For the map on the other hand still not despite the changes. I restarted everything even the raspberry after. I put the log file.

For the translation indeed I downloaded the FR version on the forum but it was only partially translated, there I almost translated everything but I may not have used every time the official terms.

Other question : can we go back to the maximum a few days with the graphics (Overwiew)?
2111161431cumulusutils.log
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

Benji60 wrote: Tue 16 Nov 2021 1:41 pm [...] can we go back to the maximum a few days with the graphics (Overwiew)?
I do not quite understand what you mean. Can you explain a bit?
Hans

Benji60

Post by Benji60 »

What I mean is that only the last 168 hours appear on the main graph, I guess we can't go back any further?
HansR

Post by HansR »

Also I noticed that you did not activate your UV data in the json file. You need to do that in CMX :!:

Looking further for the map issue.
The logfile shows you do not seem to send the signature nor to download the generated map.

Aaaahhhh..... :o

It must be my fault, I must make this clearer in the wiki: you use as commandline argument ALL while for the website you must use WEBSITE (case independent). Those two are different!
I will adjust the wiki.

The All argument is meant for users who use CumulusUtils as a module generator for their own website design (but want to use all modules) while website is the all implicit thing. If you want to use the Website Generator you *MUST* use the argument Website. My guess is this will solve the map issue!

You can also set the inifile parameter Participant to true while maintaining the All command, that should also generate the map.

I will in future probably rewrite the logic around the map generation as this is too complex.
I may even remove it all and always generate the map.

Hope this solves the issue.
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

Benji60 wrote: Tue 16 Nov 2021 2:07 pm What I mean is that only the last 168 hours appear on the main graph, I guess we can't go back any further?
The number of hours in the charts are set in CMX. I am not sure there is a limit on it but I don't think it is wise to go much further back either: your datafiles really will become very large :!: :groan:
Hans

Benji60

Post by Benji60 »

Ah yes indeed it works now ^^

For the UV it's a will of mine, I'm so satisfied with my Ecowitt station but the UV data are too risky even with correction so I unchecked everything ! But maybe I have to remove some parameters in the ini.

As for the graphs, no problem. As I have a database on my site of all the history (every 5 min), I think there must be a way to display highchart but by connecting to the database which allows to display any day.
But this has nothing to do with CumulusUtils ^^

EDIT : Indeed I had not seen => ShowUV=true =>>> ShowUV=false