Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CUtils 6.7.1

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

CUtils 6.7.1

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

I just updated CUtils with the latest patch and the stray white line and < have disappeared from the header :)

I have been working to include a virtual Davis VP2 console on my local website and have achieved a working simulation but only within the default CMX website. This is linked on my index page under my home sites tab via the CUsermenu.txt file as follows:-
<a class='nav-link' href="http://192.168.0.119/CUtils/davconvp2CU.php" target="_blank">Davis VP2 console</a>

Whilst this works for me it would be nice to have the console embedded in CUtils rather than linked through CMX as per the attached screen shot of the console which is fed live data. Perhaps I can work on a solution.

Keep up the great work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: CUtils 6.7.1

Post by HansR »

Hi Andy,

OK. Using another CMX website as a report to CUtils is a bit ... double? If you can get the Davis Console image in the CMX standard site, you can also get it within the CUtils framework and have only the console image in the reportview (the right pane).
  1. If you could separate out the PHP procedure from the CMX website, you could use it in an iframe in the user menu and get rid of the CMX webpage. The iframe would be something like:

Code: Select all

<iframe src="https://yourURL/davconvp2CU.php" width="100%" frameborder="0" style="border:0;height:75vh;"></iframe>
    in a davcon.txt file. That davcon.txt would be put in the menu like:

Code: Select all

<span class='nav-link' onclick="LoadUtilsReport('davcon.txt');">Davis Console</span>
  2. You could create a UserReport (a txt file the BODY part of a HTML file written in HTML and javascript) where you can code whatever you want and use the webtags (see the wiki). For the realtime data I would have to design something which I was going to do anyway to serve modules in general with realtime values (like e.g. Extra sensors and AirLink which now have their own specific realtime engine). I could not do that tomorrow, it would definitely come.
Hope this helps.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

Thanks for the help, once I got onto it this evening 5 mins gave me the required result :D

The attached pic shows just what I was trying to achieve with live data feeding the virtual console.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

Now, that looks very nice to be honest. :clap:

Could you publish here how you did it and change the title of the post to 'Davis Console in CUtils' (or similar).
Or, alternatively, could you mail me how you did this (i asume you used the iframe method) and i will update the post.

NB: why do you duplicate the title and location info from the header (takes space from the buttons below)
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3