Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CUtils 6.6.0

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

CUtils 6.6.0

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

Thanks for your work on CUtils, I installed the 6.6.0 update last evening and had no problems at all. The update this morning was not needed since I use both those files.

I have attached a screen shot of the index page to show the customisations I have made, including the integration of the default CMX webpages which gives me the look and information that works for me. I hope that you will not be too disappointed at the "spoiling" of your index page>

Keep up the great work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: CUtils 6.6.0

Post by HansR »

Hi Andy,

Indeed the fix 6.6.1 is only needed under the circumstance of absence of the user menu and about files. Great you use them, many do not :o

Your main layout looks very nice and no, I am far from disappointed seeing changes to the default! On the contrary, I highly appreciate these change efforts because they were made possible for that. I have one question: afaik it is not possible to change the position of the wind gauges because of technical issues. But you did shift them right. So how does the other dashboard (after the toggle) look like? Does that work properly?

Thanks for playing around with it, this makes me proud ;)

From now on it will be more and more technical improvements, I think functionally everything is there now but if you have ideas, let me know!
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

Thanks for the endorsement, yes all the tabs after the dashboard toggle work as expected.

I note your comment about the inability to move the "wind gauges" around but I have managed it. The trick with this is to move the code lines to the correct place and rework if needed the "onclick="clickgaugexx" to the appropriate line. It is a bit of a fiddle but once you have done it once and saved the file, the gauges section can be copied back into any new version.
I have included a copy of the html for the index file with should open with a text editor so that you can see my current position.

The other trick concerning the overnight rollover is to use crontab to copy the existing index.html to a file called indexA.html, run the overnight run, and then rename the indexA.html to index.html and then all works just fine.

One day I might get around to setting up a proper website rather than my local version!!
HansR

Post by HansR »

Aha... fiddling around :D

Unfortunately you did not include the HTML. Could you PM or post it here?

I am kind of curious though, you're touching something in the dashboard switching which caused me quite some problems. If OK, I'll implement it. That's better than having crontab moving files because if I change things then you're in trouble because you throw away the regenerated index or need to re-edit it.

Anyway: show me, I'll see what I can do.
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

It would have helped if I had zipped it up before sending :groan:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Andy,

In version 6.6.5 I did change the Dashboard configuration and now it is possible to move the wind gauges individually in the dashboards. Please note that there is a difference between dashboard 1 and 2 configuration parameters for the windgauges although they are the same gauges. See the wiki for this.

For event configuration on a moved dashboard pane you need to use the chartscompiler. See the wiki on the dashboardas well.

Any questions, let me know, have fun :D

(NB: you will have to put your hard work on the index.html aside as both the index and the cumulusutils.js have changed substantially)

Regards,
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

Thanks for the heads up on the new version which works just fine. I note your comment about the two sets of wind gauges but I prefer to use the quick hack to get my preferred gauges layout. I fact once the hack is done once updates are easy and take about 10 mins.

I have attached screen shots of the index page and the toggled index page for information.

One question you may be able to answer, can I change the titles of the rain and solar graphs currently they show " Rain and rain speed" ( I would rather "Rain and rain rate) and for solar "max radiation en UV" ( I would rather Max solar radiation). It maybe that I have just not found the correct file to update.

Thanks for your work
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Andy,

Well, suit yourself of course, everybody needs to use things as they feel right. But if any issues occur as the indexfile gets technically behind that's your problem then 8-)

All texts are in the language file which is generated at first run and which is maintained throughout each usage. Your file is CUstringsEN.ini and the text you are looking for is in the section website.

Just modify the text, rerun and the modified text will be in the new index.html (which you need to re-edit again ;) )

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

Oh, and btw, if you do not want to use panes you can use the Empty value in the configuration, the pane remains blank (background colour, i am not even sure that colour is defined as it was never visible). This gives the possibility to create mosaics. Size of the panes will not change.
Hans