Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CUtils Graphs

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

CUtils Graphs

Post by PaulMy »

I try to keep updated, but admit I don't then check each menu item in detail, just a quick initial observation to see that everything is working - which it always is! After today's v5.3.6 update I had a look at the Graphs and see several additions. Well done Hans and to the users' you've noted.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: CUtils Graphs

Post by HansR »

Always thanks for installing and checking :) absolutely essential to see it function in other environments.

I understand you can't test it all, it has becpme quite a large functionality. Even I can't But glad you looked at the charts. I assume you mean 5.3.7 btw ;)

Regards,
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

I have been working at getting my local site displaying data in a manner that helps me. One area I am getting stuck with relates to the default data ranges for the "home page" graphs.
The basic standard is 54hrs, 98hrs and All, I have found that the instructions for this is contained in the cumuluscharts.txt file and the file can be changed to reflect my preference of 24hrs, 48hrs and All.
The problem I have is that this change is not permanent, if I change the file in the utils folder it reverts back to the basic standard of 54,96, All. If I change the file in my website folder the graphs work as expected but as soon as a website update is performed the system reverts to the basic standard. It seems to me that there is another file which needs to be adjusted to make a permanent change but not one I can find.
Has anyone else found a solution to my problem? I have attached a screen shot of the current site for info since this site is only local and not on the web yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Andy,

I am out of the loop for some days, be back around the 20th +/-.
There is no quick solution to what you are asking because the hrs are calculated from the total time you are displaying and the chart is regenerated every day.
When back I'll come back to this and see what can be done either by parametrising or in CDL in a language construct.

Regards, Hans
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Andy,

Just back and doing some backlog issues, no coding yet ;)
Before changing anything there are the following considerations:
  1. CMX 'knows' three different data ranges for charts: RECENT, DAILY and ALL
  2. The default home page charts are RECENT which means the length of the data is ruled by the CMX parameter GraphHours (section Graphs
  3. In case of CDL, Cutils uses that number to set the RangeSelector for the chart: divide by 4 to get the first and by 2 to get the second number, then the rest is ALL. So for 24, 48 you would need to set the GraphHours to 96. If that is good enough you're OK. But apparently your GraphHours is 4*56 = 216. If you really want total freedom in setting these values without relating to the total time width of the chart it would require adding a keyword to specify the steps before ALL. It can be done but I am not sure that really would add something of value.
    (Btw, in case of the default charts (no CDL definition file present) you get 6 and 12 hrs).
Do you have a strong argument to have flexible first ranges iso the divide by 4 and 2 of the GraphHours value?

And NOTE: the DAILY and ALL data ranges have the default HighCharts RangeSelector. I do not intend to change that (unless really needed and argued).
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

I hope you had a good break away.

Thanks for your reply and for setting out the basis for the graph hours which makes perfect sense. You are correct in the analysis of my set graph hours in CMX which I used before I essentially migrated to using CUtils as my primary view of my data. CUtils is so good!!

I do not think you need to change the coding, I have changed my setup.

You will see from the screen shots that the index page has developed over the past couple of weeks to my current personal preference. Having worked out how to tweak the index.html file was a breakthrough, and then removing that file from the overnight crontab update means that the customisation remains in place but the various reports and graphs do get updated.

My current issue is trying to get a updating field of sun hours today. It works in CMX with the following coding

<p>Sunshine today&emsp;<span id="SunshineHours" style="font-size:150%">--</span>&emsp;hrs

However I cannot get a similar code to work in CUtils. Any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

AndyKF650 wrote: Fri 16 Jul 2021 8:53 am Thanks for your reply and for setting out the basis for the graph hours which makes perfect sense. You are correct in the analysis of my set graph hours in CMX which I used before I essentially migrated to using CUtils as my primary view of my data.

CUtils is so good!!
:D :D :D
AndyKF650 wrote: Fri 16 Jul 2021 8:53 am I do not think you need to change the coding, I have changed my setup.
Good, that is what Cutils is about: do it through setup.
AndyKF650 wrote: Fri 16 Jul 2021 8:53 am You will see from the screen shots that the index page has developed over the past couple of weeks to my current personal preference. Having worked out how to tweak the index.html file was a breakthrough, and then removing that file from the overnight crontab update means that the customisation remains in place but the various reports and graphs do get updated.
See my remark above about setup: I don't think tweaking the code is a good idea. Successive versions of Cutils may have unannounced changes in the index.html (and the generated js files). Normally you won't notice but if you don't let it automatically update every daily run the system will definitely break some time.

So my question would be: what would you like to do? And if I look at what you did I think the only thing you want is displace the panels in the dashboard.
I will look if I can easily change that by parametrisation so you won't have to hack your way around which (I repeat though I know I can't stop you) is really a bad idea: it breaks the idea behind Cutils.
AndyKF650 wrote: Fri 16 Jul 2021 8:53 am My current issue is trying to get a updating field of sun hours today. It works in CMX with the following coding

<p>Sunshine today&emsp;<span id="SunshineHours" style="font-size:150%">--</span>&emsp;hrs

However I cannot get a similar code to work in CUtils. Any thoughts?
You can get this in the HeaderLeftText and HeaderRightText of the header (see the Wiki) or in a userreport (see Wiki) in which you might want to add even more information.

If you want it in the dashboard it would need to be a change request because those panels are not user definable. I btw do think it is a reasonable request to add to the Solar panel (displaying the radiation information), so just say how you would like to do it: by the existing possibilities or with a change to the dashboard panel?
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Thanks for that, I will take the slap for not using the index page as expected. This was a work around to see just what else was doable.

As you suggest it would be helpful if the order of the panels on the dashboard could be more easily moved around and if the sun hours could be added to the "Solar Radiation" numeric panel. It is better there rather than on the header which would clutter up rather quickly. Is there a specific change request page or will this message do?
HansR

Post by HansR »

Making a change request thread might be useful so I suggest you do that and simply state what you want.
I will make the thread sticky and reply to request if I will or will not implement.
If the thread becomes overloaded (would it :o ) it may change in future but for now this will do I guess.
Hans