Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Compiler betas

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: CumulusUtils

Post by HansR »

Version 5.1.0 beta 1 is online

The following has changed:
version 5.1.0 beta1 (19/03/2021)
  1. Heatmap: Added two m ore colours for a more dynamic display.
  2. Heatmap: For long series the display is split in pages of 10 years (default but configurable) with buttons Prev/Next and All to walk through the pages.
  3. ChartsCompiler: The Solar axis when used for only the radiation now has a scale fixed to the current theoretical solar maximum. The image therefore does not easily change.
  4. ChartsCompiler: added RECENT and ALL qualifiers for the Plot variables. Updated the definition specification (see document). Option for the legacy DAILY charts is available but not now implemented.
  5. ChartsCompiler: Added HeatingDegreeDays, CoolingDegreeDays and EvapoTranspiration as Plot variables.
  6. ChartsCompiler: Added the infrastructure to add JSON data if CMX does not provide (like e.g. the Evapotranspiration).
  7. UserAskedData: Commandline parameter UserAskedData provides the JSONs for non provided data and encompasses missing weather data and AQ data (the old AirQuality Thrifty handling is now obsolete).
  8. Dayfile: Modified for additional parameters and global handling of the list.
  9. Monthfiles: Modified to read only one or two files to create a list for the subselection for the RECENT graphs (evapotranspiration and maybe other possibilities).
  10. Website: Moved to jQuery 3.6.0
NOTES from the Compiler document:
  1. This document goes with version 5.1.0
  2. The compiler is essentially designed as a tool for the website generator but can be used independently as a module, meaning the generated code is ready to be used in other websites.
  3. If the user does not wish to make use of the Charts Compiler, just do nothing and make sure CutilsCharts.def does not exist. When using the website generator the default charts will then be available.
  4. All parameters can be combined in one graph with the corresponding axis automatically added. Only when scatter is defined as Line Type it is forbidden to combine it with one of the other possibilities. This may change in future.
  5. The Legend texts are implemented as translations of the PlotKeywords (the Plot Variables). You will find these in the translation file section [Compiler]. Legend entries can be multiple words (the keywords can not).
  6. The height of the graph container can be specified in the options :

Code: Select all

[Compiler]
    ChartContainerHeight=650 (Default)

7. The Plot Variables Evapotranspiration, CoolingDegreeDays and Heating DegreeDays are not supplied by CMX in the JSONs. CumulusUtils can provide those when used in the definitions (on request) with the commandline parameter UserAskedData:

Code: Select all

utils/bin/cumulusutils.exe UserAskedData
  8. The next step will be user defined outputs where the user can tell the compiler where to output the charts.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
HansR

Post by HansR »

Version 5.1.0 beta 2 is online - correction on a git merge error.

'That saves a sip on a drink' to paraphrase a Dutch proverb :lol:
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

Version 5.1.0 beta 3 is online.

Fixed a bug related to an AirLink which made CumulusUtils crash before it started if none was present (which is with most users :( )
And fixed a bug related to top10
So if you didn't get it started, try again please.

h/t @pekkie
Hans

HansR

Compiler betas

Post by HansR »

The Charts Compiler seems to attract a bit more issues than the other modules so I create this thread to receive and discuss any issue which so far have gone via the mail.
I would appreciate comments and questions on Charts Compiler beta's to go in this thread.

Beta's will also be published here with only one announcement in the main thread.
You may want top subscribe to this thread.
Hans

HansR

Re: Compiler betas

Post by HansR »

Version 5.1.0 beta 4 is online (in the regular CumulusUtils download thread).

Account for the fact that Cutils JSON files are always in the utils directory while the regular CMX datafiles may be somewhere else (configured as CumulusRealTimeLocation).
If you have problems with charts using e.g. evapotranspiration or heatingdegreedays then you should use this beta.

(Almost an hour later followed by the same release but now with the correct version nr.)
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

Version 5.1.0 beta 5 is online (in the regular CumulusUtils download thread).

Two problems are aimed to be solved:
  1. Initialisation of the charts was one bracket too late and has been corrected;
  2. In case CumulusUtils uses a different locale as CumulusMX (which may be more often than we think because of the different possibilities) CumulusUtils could not find the monthly logfile and crashed. This was specifically for UserAskedData which only needs one or two specific files. This is because the filenaming convention demands the abbreviated filename of the locale to be used (without a possible point).

This is solved by introducing a inifile parameter MonthsOfMiracleAndWonder which contains default the abbreviated month names - first three characters - for the locale used by CumulusUtils. If the CMX actually uses a different locale (and thus has different filenames), CumulusUtils will crash and the user must edit the abbreviated filenames in MonthsOfMiracleAndWonder to match those used by CMX.

Sounds complex maybe, but it really isn't and that's the consequence of using locales in data and filename specifiers.
    Users who use the same locale for CMX and for CumulusUtils will not have an issue.
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

Version 5.3.5 (beta on the OUTPUT spec) has a serious flaw in the OUTPUT specification detected when used in the Website.

The problem is such that you can use the compiler as you are used to if you don't use the OUTPUT specifier.
I'll get back on this ASAP.
Hans

kocher
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2+
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by kocher »

The graphics compiler seems to attract a bit more trouble than the other modules, so I create this thread to welcome and discuss any issues that have been posted so far.
I would appreciate comments and questions about the beta version of the graphics compiler in this thread.
Greetings Hans

Your application works perfectly:

http://kocher.es/cumulusMX/FWI/

Regarding the graphics compiler, I would like to know how I can translate the titles. Now I have them in Dutch (I think) and I would like to see them in English or Spanish.
I ask this because I have discovered that when doing the translation in the file "C:\cumulusMX\utils\CutilsCharts.def" the compilation stops and the generation of the web page also stops; that is to say, everything is spoiled.

Saludos desde San Sebastian

Javier
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Javier,
kocher wrote: Mon 03 May 2021 6:38 pm Your application works perfectly:
Thanks, good to hear!

Regarding the translations look here.
So indeed you should do the translation in Spanish in the CutilsCharts.def, apparently that does not work with you.

I thought non-Ascii characters were taken care of but maybe those are the cause.
Could you post your Spanish translation which does not work and I will check it out.

Regards,
Hans
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

This is version 5.3.5 patch2 , no changes other than for the OUTPUT specifier of the compiler which is still in beta.

Changes are:
  1. OUTPUT now uploads the output files as well;
  2. The CONNECTTO specifier has no longer meaning for outputs other than for the Home page button. This means that all charts which you want to have linked to a click event in the dashboard MUST be in the chartslist of the home page button.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

I think the first compiler phase is now pretty good.
When no observations made I will finalise the release tomorrow as 5.3.6.

On my site you can see a demo of the possibilities (Home and Compiler Tests buttons) for the example published in the Wiki.

Addition to the Wiki:
The compiler can be used within CumulusUtils website (intrinsic with the Website Generator) and the output can be used standalone (really standalone if you rename the output to .html) or standalone from within a users website (menu or link). When used outside the CumulusUtils infrastructure, you must be aware of the parameters (section general) GeneratejQueryInclude and DoLibraryIncludes.
Hans