InstallCMX, a commandline installer for CumulusMX.
Version : 1.0.2
date: 12 february 2021
If you are a user you may want to subscribe to this thread.
Usage: InstallCMX [buildnumber]
How to run:
- Copy the InstallCMX.exe to any directory you want on the drive where you wish to install (or have installed). This directory must contain the Archive(s) to install. The install procedure gives you the possibility to select or define the Archive to install and the location where to install.
- Copy the CumulusMX distribution zip(s) to that same directory. You may have more than one distribution in the same directory. You can give the buildnumber to install as commandline argument.
- Stop CumulusMX
- Run InstallCMX and confirm / fill in on the console where you wish to install (or update) CMX.
The default for Windows is C:\CumulusMX\ and for Linux it is : /home/CumulusMX.
The Installation directory can be modified.
- NOTE: On Windows you run it as any other commandline executable and it is best to open a command window in which you start the installer. On Linux you run it on the commandline as "mono ./InstallCMX.exe".
- NOTE: In an existing installation with modified files, make sure those are in a safe place. If they have the same name as files in the distribution they will be overwritten.
- NOTE: Check for the webfiles directory if any modified files for your webfiles exist. If so, move those to the website.
- Start CumulusMX
- After the installation, there is a log file. Check the logfile to see everything has gone well.
- There is an ini file where you can control:
- NormalMessageToConsole=true or false (default)
- TraceInfoLevel=Warning (out of: Error, Warning, Info, Verbose, None)
Modifications and additions on user request can be discussed (e.g. think about automated start/stop, upload of webfiles to the directory etc....), feedback is appreciated.