Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Version 4.5.3 and pwsFWI?

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Version 4.5.3 and pwsFWI?

Post by rogerthn »

Hi
Do I need to add something to the new line CurrentPwsFWI= in cumulusutils.ini?
As it is now I do not have an "active pwsFWI".
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: Version 4.5.3 and pwsFWI?

Post by HansR »

I renamed the parameter CurrentIndex to CurrentPwsFWI to make it more meaningful and apparently was a bit sloppy there.

This parameter is set while generating the website with the same content of the file pwsFWIcurrent.txt. This file is meant to be used by those who use PwsFWI as a module to place it anywhere on their site, e.g. the home page. For the website generator users it should all be transparent and automatic.

So what happened is that I forgot to rename this in the code for the standard format of the "active pwsFWI" as you call it (you will probably find a filled CurrentIndex parameter filled with the current value). So this is a bug.

You can workaround this by choosing the format 'Betel-Kocher' i.s.o 'Standard' (case independent) for the parameter CurrentIndexFormat.

If you dislike that, you will have to wait for the next release. If more problems arise I will push a fix release, however, as the pwsFWI functionality works fine and is reachable, I prefer to wait and avoid 'rapid fire releases' (I used to do that but try to avoid it now and have some time between releases).

NOTE: this confusion also is true for the id of the <span> holding that string. That will be fixed as well of course and set to id=CurrentPwsFWI (supplying a possibility for the Beteljuices of this world to manipulate the contents and the image etc...). But as nobody is using that feature afaik, I'll leave that to the next release as well.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Post by rogerthn »

I will wait for the next release, the FWI is fairly low right now :lol:
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

OK. Yes, it's a bit out of the season now ;)

NB: the Ångström index was originally developed in Sweden and can be seen as a primitive version of the pwsFWI. It is one of the oldest indices around.
NB2: winter can have very dry periods especially in high pressure systems and low temperatures, this may rise the Wildfire indices (see also the Siberian fires at the end of winter 2019/20).
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3