Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release v3.6.3 (build 3079) - 21 May 2020 (please see important announcement regarding releases since 3.5.0)
Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of the NOAA report and Snow Index drop-down menus to 2030)

See the Wiki to download the software or click on the Downloads link in the Forum Banner.

Language file sharing

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

sutne
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR100
Operating System: Raspbian Buster

Re: Language file sharing

Post by sutne »

This file is used for the gauges.
I have made a few changes to have the same text inside the gauges as in the heading ( in the Norwegian section).

If we are going to have pop-up graphs for the Gauges in the future, the text for Cloudbase describes it in feet and Fahrenheit. I have changed that to '300 meters and 2,5 Celsius'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sutne
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR100
Operating System: Raspbian Buster

Post by sutne »

In Yadr, Wind still has English, Avg and Hi.

HansR
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2+
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (Buster)

Post by HansR »

@sutne:
The Hi and Avg in Yadr are fixed.

Changes in the translation of the gauges however need to be communicated with Mark Crossley as the gauges have their own translation system and their own language file. I just borrow from there. The code I did adjust, but not the language.

OK, I'll take up this translation in the distribution. Be careful with that file btw, because it contains all languages (no separate files) so don't add strings, just correct and save carefully. I will do some checks but It is quite easy to destroy the translation for all.

Could you communicate the corrections to Mark? He maintains the base of the gauge library and the translation that goes with it.
Actually, it would be better if you only communicate the translation with him because the gauges have their own independent translation system.
https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl / Cumulus 3.5.1 (build: 3072)
Davis Vantage Pro 2+ / Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) / 4.19.97-v7+ armv7l
Mono JIT compiler version 6.8.0.105 (tarball Tue Feb 4 21:51:48 UTC 2020)

HansR
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2+
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (Buster)

Post by HansR »

For those who have an installation from before the translation system: please note that the [string] section from the cumulusutils.ini file can be removed.
It is not used anymore. It does not harm but it has a performance consequence (not very big).
https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl / Cumulus 3.5.1 (build: 3072)
Davis Vantage Pro 2+ / Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) / 4.19.97-v7+ armv7l
Mono JIT compiler version 6.8.0.105 (tarball Tue Feb 4 21:51:48 UTC 2020)