Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New release

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

New release

Post by laulau »

Every day, its update! ;)
What productivity :D
Laurent

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: New release

Post by HansR »

laulau wrote: Thu 30 Apr 2020 7:51 pm Every day, its update! ;)
What productivity :D
Yes, I'am quite surprised by myself :o

Anyway, I now start using CumulusUtils myself, so I do not foresee new functionality updates soon.
Exception for bug fixes and requests of course :) .
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
HansR

Post by HansR »

Oh, and before I forget: apart from bug fixes I will start working on the translation system but that may take some time because it stretches over almost all modules (gauges, highcharts etc...). Some experimentation is needed.

That translation system will [most likely] be different from the current de facto standard within the Website templates for Cumulus (as far as I can see) in the sense, that I will not implement a live run-time language switch.

I will most likely take an approach where language will be defined at generation time so you offer your site in one language.
Translations will be stored in inifiles per language, those inifiles will be translated by users, possibly in cooperation, and possibly shared through the forum but you can always make your own translation.
Strings existing already in the current inifile will be transferred to the new file so, apart from some copy/paste action, no translation work will be lost.

Any suggestions will be given thought.
Hans

meteosangonera
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by meteosangonera »

Hi,

With the latest version I think there is a small problem in the scale of the graphs due to the introduction of the normal yearly precipitation line. http://www.meteosangonera.es/graficascl ... icas-tab-1

This year the precipitation exceeded 340 mm but the graph does not allow to see more than 300mm.
laulau

Post by laulau »

Code: Select all

[Prediction]
predictionURL=
Is this a PREDICTION FORECAST OPTION ? ;)
or definitively unused :lol:
Laurent

HansR

Post by HansR »

@meteosangonera: indeed it is a bug. Well spotted, thanks. :clap:

I just found it myself doing my round along the implementations. I had not foreseen this, coming from a land where rain hardly ever has such extremes that it goes out of the expected band. So now, I do not implement an expectancy (average max plus some rounding value) but only the hard values which are realised.

It is the same on the site of San Sebastian and it is interesting to see the extreme conditions in Spain, where a rain burst apparently can exceed the average maximum values so far that it gets off the scale. And that those things happen in both arid and very wet situations.

It shows also the limits of working with averages ;)

Anyway, I think I got all possible situations implemented now.
I made a fix and will publish later today.

@laulau: indeed unused. I started working on a prediction module when I decided to iron out some issues first ;) And now I decided to do translation first so prediction must wait a little. All along the process of stepwise implementation and refinement 8-)
Hans

laulau

Post by laulau »

THE DAILY UPDATE !. ;)
We will have to automate this! :lol:
Laurent

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Down to a science... but automation may be even better :clap:
Unzip in new-versions folder, copy .exe to \CumulusMXutils, copy new/updated files to \CumulusMXutils\util
Run cumulusutils.exe Website

Voila!
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

HansR

Post by HansR »

PaulMy wrote: Fri 01 May 2020 3:38 pmVoila!
:lol: that's what I want to hear.
That's what it is about :D
Hans

meteosangonera

Post by meteosangonera »

HansR wrote: Fri 01 May 2020 8:59 am @meteosangonera: indeed it is a bug. Well spotted, thanks. :clap:

I just found it myself doing my round along the implementations. I had not foreseen this, coming from a land where rain hardly ever has such extremes that it goes out of the expected band. So now, I do not implement an expectancy (average max plus some rounding value) but only the hard values which are realised.

It is the same on the site of San Sebastian and it is interesting to see the extreme conditions in Spain, where a rain burst apparently can exceed the average maximum values so far that it gets off the scale. And that those things happen in both arid and very wet situations.

It shows also the limits of working with averages ;)

Anyway, I think I got all possible situations implemented now.
I made a fix and will publish later today.

@laulau: indeed unused. I started working on a prediction module when I decided to iron out some issues first ;) And now I decided to do translation first so prediction must wait a little. All along the process of stepwise implementation and refinement 8-)
Bug fixed. Good job.
HansR

Post by HansR »

@meteosangonera:
Thanks.

As an aside: this fix also gave me the time to look a bit deeper into the rainfall patterns of the semi-arid regions of Spain (and in the geography of the Basque country and it's vegetation, but they have enough water it seems ;) ). Very interesting unpredictable sparse bursts of water which I think may be dangerous in the sense of floods and erosion. With a declining countryside, Spain might consider planting more forests (or rewilding those areas) as that will considerably change the atmospheric water flow. Have things like this been given any thought in your country?
Hans

meteosangonera

Post by meteosangonera »

HansR wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 8:03 am @meteosangonera:
Thanks.

As an aside: this fix also gave me the time to look a bit deeper into the rainfall patterns of the semi-arid regions of Spain (and in the geography of the Basque country and it's vegetation, but they have enough water it seems ;) ). Very interesting unpredictable sparse bursts of water which I think may be dangerous in the sense of floods and erosion. With a declining countryside, Spain might consider planting more forests (or rewilding those areas) as that will considerably change the atmospheric water flow. Have things like this been given any thought in your country?
I can't tell you if any large-scale reforestation plans are currently active. I don't think so.

What I can assure you is that, at least in my region, floods are "quite frequent", and specific actions are being taken to retain the flow of water in the rivers. Either by installing architectural barriers, or by planting riverside vegetation.

I also know that the two mountains closest to my location, Carrascoy and Sierra Espuña, had to be reforested at the end of the 19th century due to over-exploitation of timber.

This overexploitation and very intense rainfall caused several major floods and it was decided to carry out reforestation plans.

I attach a small document on reforestation in Mediterranean climates, which briefly explains the reforestation of Sierra Espuña and other cases in southeast Spain.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lcIju7 ... 6jbfN/view
HansR

Post by HansR »

@meteosangonera:

It is good to read what they are doing. Reforestation is a must in situations like these and it gives mankind food for thought on how to deal with the forest resources. Soil, water and forest work as one coherent unit.
meteosangonera wrote: Sat 02 May 2020 8:33 am What I can assure you is that, at least in my region, floods are "quite frequent", and specific actions are being taken to retain the flow of water in the rivers. Either by installing architectural barriers, or by planting riverside vegetation.
That is something you see everywhere: canalisation of waterways to prevent flooding, the goal to get the water out of the way ASAP. Just a short remark: flooding is essential for the system, it is part of it. Man has chosen to live as low as possible while older villages and safe places are always higher up. We better start living higher up (sea is rising anyway ;) and let flooding once in a while take place.

In the Netherlands in the 1990's we had a very dangerous almost flood situation. Since that time (small) area's have been created where flooding/nature is permitted. Too complex for an extensive discussion in this forum, but food for thought.

Thanks for the booklet!
Hans

kocher
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2+

Post by kocher »

Greetings to all.
Fortunately, in the Basque Country, there are large masses of vegetation; Forest fires are anecdotal (naturally there are cyclical exceptions) in certain situations of persistent dryness and strong and sustained winds from the South.
As for the floods that it suffered periodically, they have disappeared for now, after a powerful and effective policy of channeling the banks. Since then, I don't recall hearing of any major flooding.
HansR

Post by HansR »

laulau wrote: Fri 01 May 2020 3:18 pm THE DAILY UPDATE !. ;)
We will have to automate this! :lol:
Haha, missed that one. I thought I had automated it all already ;)
Close to what Paul said.

Unfortunately in version 3.4. there is a manual action required: the icons must be copied to the website by hand (once, maybe sometime repeated for an update). Could be automated, true, but that was a trade off on my side: too much work :mrgreen:
Hans