Version 5.5.0 (29/05/2021)
- Distribution: file CUabout.txt has a name change: CUserAbout-example.txt. CUserAbout.txt - if it exists - will be automatically uploaded with the package
- Distribution: file CUsermenu.txt will be automatically uploaded if it exists
- Distribution: file CUlicense.txt has been removed and replaced by the file LICENSE (with identical content to the website menu choice)
- Compiler: Errorhandling of Expression in case of error, now gives an error in the definition of the charts and fallback to the default charts (it was a warning)
- Compiler: STATS and PLOT are now handled as equal entry points of the PLOT section of the CHART (see prev version of CDL image to appreciate the difference)
- Compiler: a PLOT variable may now have a non-keyword name but if so, it MUST be followed by an equation which contains a valid Plotvariable, if not an error is generated.
- Compiler: And if a PLOT has an Eval equation it MUST now have a non-keyword name to prevent confusion and make a unique legend entry (useful for modification or translation)
- Compiler: Added the function LN (being the natural logarithm of its argument)
- Compiler: Added the function EXP (being the power function with base e)
- Compiler: All Plotvariables can be used in one single equation to be combined with operators and functions NOTE: this must be seen as beta function as it is impossible to check all
- combinations of variables, operators and functions. I don't expect this to work flawlessly although confident. Just play with it and provide me with observations and questions for
- Compiler: The SUM function can only be used once per chart
- Wiki: Updates conform development (please notify voids or unclarities)
- Because meteo-equations can reach a certain complexity (definitely when written on a single line) a change is considered which should make it possible to use Plotvariables as intermediate calculations or have a definition of partial equations (not plotted) which you might use in Plot. As an example (see the last chart below) One might consider calculating a dewpoint with the Actual Vapour pressure as an intermediate equation.
- A second change which is considered is making the EVAL and STATS available for the RECENT parameters as well.
NOTE: All calculations and array handling in the generated code are totally unsophisticated and non-optimised. This will only change slowly as performance is astonishingly good, beyond expectations, even on my old tablet and phone. Performance reports are welcome.
Below you find three test charts as examples to show what is now possible (the full testset is as always in CutilsCharts-example.def in the distribution and viewable on my site):
Code: Select all
CHART DailyTemp TITLE Temp with statistics offset 5 PLOT ALL AverageTemp colour pink PLOT ALL sumAverageTemp EVAL [ ln(Sum(AverageTemp-5)) ] COLOUR green AXIS DegreeDays STATS AverageTemp SMA COLOUR crimson EndChart Output Statistics.txt CHART DailyRain TITLE Rain with statistics PLOT ALL RainFall colour CornflowerBlue as column PLOT ALL sumRainFall EVAL [ exp(ln(SUM( RainFall))) ] COLOUR crimson AXIS Free STATS RainFall SMA colour green EndChart Chart MyDewPoint Title Dewpoint calculations in CDL Plot all minBarometer Plot all maxBarometer Plot All ActualVapourPressure Eval [ MinHumidity/100 * 6.112 * EXP(17.62*AverageTemp/(243.12+AverageTemp)) ] Axis Pressure EndChart