CumulusUtils is a tool for the amateur meteorologist who is less interested in computer technology, at least less interested to start with. It requires configuration and not programming skills. It generates modules - partial content - for website pages. It can be downloaded below and all modules and the generated site can be seen operational on my site.
Read the Wiki, it functions as a manual.
The principal functionalities are:
- The Website Generator
- A Fire Weather Index (pwsFWI) specially designed for personal weather stations. See scientific background.
- The ChartsCompiler using CDL (under development)
The other modules are:
- (Climate) Graphs (Rain, Temperature, Wind, Solar - when available - and Miscellaneous);
- YADR – Yet Another Dayfile Reader (subset of all data);
- Records, Day records and a top10 record list;
- A system info page.
- A Map showing Cumulus(utils) installations [Note 3]
- NOAA reports
- User Reports
- Station Map (only useful for larger monitors)
- Air Quality with a Table View and Graph View
(for the Davis AirLink and my own FakeAirLink, only active when sensors available)
Note 1: If you use deviating units from what I personally use (e.g. imperial units) you enter untested parts of the program so be prepared to communicate with me.
Note 2: The Map feature requires Windows 8 or higher. Win 7 is no longer maintained and apparently does not support the HTTP upload/download. At the end of a Windows versions life cycle, .NET for that OS is no longer updated so more problems can be expected in such situation.
On the releases:
- 5.3.8 is a stable version with the initial compiler in it. Use this version if you have no wish to start playing with the compiler but just wish to have an operational system.
- Any version number 5.3.9 and up contain stepwise additions and improvements to the compiler. Use this version of you wish to have a peek into what it can do. You may express wishes for the compiler.
- CumulusUtils with the finished compiler will have version 6.0.0 and an accompanying article on how to use it, its limits and possibilities will go with it. Until then the wiki articles on the compiler and the CDL must do (see above).
- If any question you use the thread on the compiler or PM or email me.