One of the main features of CumulusUtils is the Website Generator which gives the beginner a head start with respect to other website tools and templates. If you have common knowledge of a computer and have CumulusMX installed, you are set for an easy installation and quick use of the CumulusUtils Website. Prepare a website domain, accessible through FTP to start.
Beyond the site generator, Cumulusutils is a utility which supplies a Fire Weather Index and additional (more or less) simple HTML formatted functions for websites, which are otherwise more difficult to get. It also has lots of graphs showing you the past data and it may be expanded through User Extensions in the modifiable menu. Modules and generator can all be used independently. The generated site is best for the larger monitors, although it's responsive design makes it well usable on tablets and phones as well.
All modules and the generated site can be seen operational on my site. Read the ReadMe (in the distribution) for information on how to use.
The following functionalities is included:
- A Website Generator (all modules will be used).
- A Fire Weather Index specially designed for personal weather stations (see scientific background and other blogs).
- A top 10 list of relevant weather records for your station
- System info display
- Graphing the data
- A map of Cumulus installations (generator and those who participate)
- Yet Another Dayfile Reader (Yadr)
- NOAA reports display
- Day Records
- Wind Rose
The list of installations for the pwsFWI is kept here. Your site will be added if you apply or you can make use of the Maps module (which is automatic if you use the Website Generator).
version 3.7.3 (30/5/2020)
- Dashboard: Added some configuration parameters for the gauges
- Thrifty system: fine tuned the top10 thrifty system
- Thrifty system: DayRecords dirty-bit system is now working so under the thrifty system, if – and only if – yesterday had a record, the file is written and uploaded.
- Modified manual (I would appreciate feedback if erroneous or incomplete).