Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Re: On the ChartsCompiler

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

meteo19
Weather Station: Davis VP2+/DP1500 SmartHub
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Pro

Post by meteo19 »

Salut hans

I had more time this weekend to work with Utils you did a huge job easy to set up you can look at what I achieve on my site.
http://www.meteosegur.fr/CU_MX/utils/
And on the menu + and look at the new charts.
One question you think you install additional sensors like soil temperature or soil moisture and foliage.
Well done for everything and thank you for your great application.Have a nice day and sorry for my very bad English. :groan:

Well cordially,

Patrick
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

meteo19 wrote: Fri 28 May 2021 6:42 am Salut hans

I had more time this weekend to work with Utils you did a huge job easy to set up you can look at what I achieve on my site.
One question you think you install additional sensors like soil temperature or soil moisture and foliage.
Well done for everything and thank you for your great application.Have a nice day and sorry for my very bad English. :groan:

Well cordially,

Patrick
Salut Patrick,

Many thanks for the appreciation and your English is fine :D
I checked out your site and the + menu and indeed it looks great to see it all operational like this.
One of the finest Utils sites btw. with the colouring and use of almost all possibilities in the menu. Inspiring!

With respect to the additional sensors (and AirQuality of other sensors as well) that is kind of a headache dossier. I have been looking at it but have not been able to find an efficient solution to handle that (in a generic manner). I will keep thinking about it but don't expect something soon. I have to dive deeper in the extra sensor technique and possibilities. Currently the focus is on the ChartsCompiler. With summer coming and the Corona spring releasing (je pense en FR: ressorts de Corona) it will take some time. But yes, some day I will have to I guess ;)

Thanks again for the complements.

Best regards,
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Change Requests

Post by AndyKF650 »

Suggested changes to CUtils dashboard

Having worked with CUtils for a while now there are a couple of things I would like changed;

1 Can the order of the panels on the dashboard, currently a mix of gauges and text type information, be more easily changed. Whilst they can be hacked around a more stylistic parameter approach would be good. This then makes the index.html file able to be cleanly updated via the " website " instruction.

2 On the information panel called "Solar radiation" could a line be inserted to show "Sun hours today -- hrs "
HansR

Re: Change Requests

Post by HansR »

As discussed here.

I will implement both functionalities, thanks for the suggestion.
Will do it ASAP but still starting up after some three weeks absence, so it won't be next week.
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

8-)
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Andy, did send you a PM with a beta.
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Thanks for that, I will let you know how I get on.
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans
Pm sent with comments on the Beta test
HansR

Post by HansR »

meteo19 wrote: Fri 28 May 2021 6:42 am Salut hans

Well cordially,

Patrick
Salut Patrick,

Could you send me more specifications of what you would like to see in Cutils with respect to additional sensors?

As new functionality in CMX is coming up on this it will make this more interesting for Cutils to support additional sensors, so I will dive into this.
You can it to send me (in Franch) by PM or you can add it to the Change Request thread (in English, preferred)

Regards,
Hans
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

I am not sure if this one is a runner but would it be possible to make the day records chart have fixed header and the data moves with a slider rather like the pwsFWI chart but in reverse. This would then have the column headers always visible, currently in the second half of a month we have to scroll up to the top to confirm which column is which.

Thanks in advance
HansR

Post by HansR »

AndyKF650 wrote: Tue 19 Oct 2021 1:01 pm I am not sure if this one is a runner but would it be possible to make the day records chart have fixed header and the data moves with a slider rather like the pwsFWI chart but in reverse. This would then have the column headers always visible, currently in the second half of a month we have to scroll up to the top to confirm which column is which.
I think I understand what you want but can you redescribe /explain the following:
  1. "this one is a runner"?
  2. "like the pwsFWI chart but in reverse" => I really miss what you mean by in reverse. A slider along the table to go up and down would do I guess?
I assume you want the whole table within the height of the dashboard without having to scroll the whole page up and down getting the dashboard out of sight.
I will look at it though no guarantee, it was one of the first things I did , might have to rewrite the whole table/header thing (which may be good, but not high on the list).
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

Sorry about the colloquial English, "if this one is a runner" should read "if this can be done".

The pwsFWi report starts with the current day at the top whereas the proposed report starts with day 1 at the top, hence a reverse.

By way of an example in MS Excel it is possible to freeze the top line of a table and then scroll the table up or down still having the column headings visible. The attach sample file shows my thoughts.

So yes it is a nice to have but nothing that cannot wait.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

OK. Get your point. I'll look at it.
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

@AndyKF650: I looked at that scrollbar on the table but within the context of how it stands now (i.e. CUtils and Bootstrap 4) it requires a bit more than just activate the overflow. I experimented several things but it quickly got a bit out of hand so I rolled back. I am currently working on some other things which keep me busy so it won't be in the 6.7.0 release which is coming up. But I will look at it again when having the time (which will not be soon). It's becoming a kind of challenge :roll:
Hans

AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

Thanks for the info, I am sure you are up to it but as you say time is not your friend. I am sure it will look great in the end.

Keep up the good work