Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Site very slow and weird screens loading.

Topics concerning the Support Forum.
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Site very slow and weird screens loading.

Post by ConligWX »

Are we in the midst of a phpbb update or something? I keep seeing a default header of phpbb loading when I move to a new page or post something

Site keeps grinding to a halt. logged out and back in again, but no difference really
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Site very slow and weird screens loading.

Post by water01 »

Seems all OK to me, and if the Forum was being updated it would be disabled so you wouldn't be able to use it. So it is something else, perhaps you Internet connection or your ISP?
David
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Same problems ....

Unable to connect approx. 00:15 Wed 24
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
water01

Post by water01 »

Wierd, 00:49am still cannot see any problems. Checked the error log and nothing logged. Cannot see any problems in any of the other logs.
David
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

I seem to remember this happening before, and it was decided that it might be some name servers updating.

Everything speedy again now.
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

water01 wrote: Wed 24 Mar 2021 12:21 am Seems all OK to me, and if the Forum was being updated it would be disabled so you wouldn't be able to use it. So it is something else, perhaps you Internet connection or your ISP?
I'm on a 350mb internet and no other site was slow, just this one.

Site appears to behaving itself this morning, but there was something definitely going on with it last night.
Regards Simon

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

water01

Post by water01 »

350 Mbps wow in my dreams!!
David
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

water01 wrote: Wed 24 Mar 2021 8:21 am 350 Mbps wow in my dreams!!
Virgin Media came to our housing development a few years back full fibre to the house! when I lived at my last address it was fibre only to the cabinet, then coax to the house. friend of mine just moved from VM to 3's 5G service. he gets about 600+mbps for £16 a month!

because of the speed I get is why I host my own site at home.
Regards Simon

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

ConligWX wrote: Wed 24 Mar 2021 7:55 amSite appears to behaving itself this morning, but there was something definitely going on with it last night.
A disturbance in the force :)
Nothing dramatic showing in the logs. It must've been something networky going on with Ionos. It's always DNS :D
Freddie
water01

Post by water01 »

Plusnet sold me a up 73Mbps package (fibre to cabinet copper to house) but were forced to admit that only 40Mb was possible so I get refund every month!! Virgin Media are supposed to be putting a FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) network in this year and I have registered interest. Seen signs of it happening with rolls of green fibre cable going into ducting and terminating in a looped cable halfway up a lampost, so I guess we might be lucky!!
David
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

water01 wrote: Wed 24 Mar 2021 9:52 am Plusnet sold me a up 73Mbps package (fibre to cabinet copper to house) but were forced to admit that only 40Mb was possible so I get refund every month!! Virgin Media are supposed to be putting a FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) network in this year and I have registered interest. Seen signs of it happening with rolls of green fibre cable going into ducting and terminating in a looped cable halfway up a lampost, so I guess we might be lucky!!
yep that sound right, green cable installed in our development to all households where I live. I had a similar issue with Skt Fibre a few years back guaranteed 73mbps, yet only got about 48! on Telephone we only got 1.5mb down and 200kbps up. things have changed now though...
Regards Simon

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Simon are you getting a fixed IP with VM?

I've stuck with PlusNet FTC (78/20 Mbps) because I got a fixed IP for a one-off £5 charge.
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

mcrossley wrote: Wed 24 Mar 2021 10:59 am Simon are you getting a fixed IP with VM?

I've stuck with PlusNet FTC (78/20 Mbps) because I got a fixed IP for a one-off £5 charge.
no, only with business VM do you get that. I moved my Domain Registrar to "Google Domains" which gives you free google DDNS (same protocol as DynDNS) and (DNSSEC) and a few other things for £10 a year. (can't complain with that!) DDNS has worked for me for years so I am not worried about a fixed IP. however saying that I have had the same IP for over a year now.
Regards Simon

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

I live in a town where fibre is surrounding me, but BT said they will not be upgrading our cabinet. So I'm in 1 of around 6 streets that cannot access fibre.

The cabinet is old and it's on a pavement. A new one will be too big for the pavement and they won't build or find access to put a new one in.

We were promised FTTC back in 2013 and it just never happened.

The local MP started the gigabit fibre voucher scheme for our part of the town. It has reached 100% in terms of pledges. However, after doing some careful workings out, even with the £250,000 raised, the building costs would mean that each household in the scheme would need to pay a further £4500 just to get a line in to their property. Then there's the cost of £90 a month for it..

There are houses about 400 metres to my East and West that have access to fibre, but it will not be coming here.
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Post by AndyKF650 »

Sorry to hear of your broadband woes, in Jersey we have had gigabit fibre to our houses for about 5years now and for £80 per month unlimited download/upload.