Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

GW1000 HTTP Method?

GW1000 WiFi gateway
WoodburyMan
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2

GW1000 HTTP Method?

Post by WoodburyMan »

Thank you for the recent addition of HTTP update method!

I have a question about connectivity. I exclusively use GW1000 for my station with no other sensors. Am I best leaving the current GW1000 Station Type, or would I be better using the new HTTP Ecowitt station type for my sensor data?

I already receive all the extra sensor data for Soil Moisture, Lightning, extra temp sensors, etc via this method, so not sure what works. I suppose having the GW1000 push the data to Cumulux might be better rather than Cumulus pulling the data from it... just curious!
Woodbury, CT Weather Ecowitt GW1100, Solar, Wind, Rain, Temp, Soil, Lightning
Southington, CT Weather Ecowitt GW2000 Wittboy Solar, Wind, Rain, Temp, Soil, Lightning, CO2/PM2.5/PM10

Running CumuluxMX 3.24.1 b3234 both sites on Windows 11 22H2
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: GW1000 HTTP Method?

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
I think if you can use the GW1000 as the station type that is the easiest. Mark had indicated that This is not intended to replace the local API connection to the GW-1000, but an addition where that option is not available.

I have tested my GW1000 and two sensors (not a full weather station) as a GW1000 station type, and also using the HTTP and the results are pretty well the same.
The main benefit to me is that I can have CMX with my Davis station type, and also have access to the Ecowitt extra sensors through the WSView HTTP settings.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: GW1000 HTTP Method?

Post by mcrossley »

If you leave it using the GW1000 station type, then you still have the Custom Server option free to upload elsewhere if the need arises.

The local API also allows multiple programs to read the data if that may be a concern. You can only have one custom server.

TBH, the HTTP method seems to provide the same data as the local API - after all it is the same protocol that Ecowitt use to push the data up to Ecowitt.net

The issue at the moment is that unlike the local API the HTTP protocol is not officially documented, hopefully that will be rectified soon.