Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Corrupt CumulusMX.ini file

GW1000 WiFi gateway
LindaFNM
Weather Station: Ecowitt
Operating System: Raspberry Pi

Corrupt CumulusMX.ini file

Post by LindaFNM »

Please can someone help? I had CumulusMX stop running earlier, I seem to have had a corrupt .ini file as when I tried to look at it I got a message saying the document wasn’t UTF-8 valid, Invalid byte sequence in conversion input. I restarted Cumulus using the .ini file from yesterday’s backup. I’ve looked at the log which seems to think the GW1000 had stopped transmitting and changed its IP address. I’m having problems fairly regularly and they seem to be occurring at midday. Is this the GW1000 or the software do you think? Thank you
LindaFNM

Re: Corrupt CumulusMX.ini file

Post by LindaFNM »

Sorry, log attached. Is it something stupid I'm doing please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

OK, the messages about the IP address change are spurious - the address is the same, it is a bug in the code spitting out the message. I'll get that fixed.

What is worrying though is that your GW1000 seems to regularly not respond for a while, then just before 12 it seems to stop responding altogether.

I'm not sure what to suggest other than a old faithful power it off and on again.
LindaFNM

Post by LindaFNM »

Mark,

Thanks very much for a quick response. I’ll shift the GW1000 to a different power socket and use another plug. This is what caused my last post, the GW had crashed. As a last resort I guess I’ll have to contact Ecowitt.