Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WS View App crashing set up GW1000?

GW1000 WiFi gateway
LindaFNM
Weather Station: Ecowitt
Operating System: Raspberry Pi

WS View App crashing set up GW1000?

Post by LindaFNM »

Help! Anyone know if there’s a way of setting up the GW1000 without the app? I’ve had to reset. My GW1000, fine, but as soon as I try setting up a new device on the app, it just crashes. Presume as a result of the latest update. Anyone got any ideas please as I doubt Ecowitt will be available now. Thanks very much.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: WS View App crashing set up GW1000?

Post by mcrossley »

I don't think so. It would mean someone replicating the functionality of the WS View app which would be a bit pointless.
galfert
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000
Operating System: Mint, Raspberry Pi OS, Synology

Post by galfert »

Ecowitt has a PC setup program you can download. It doesn't fully replicate the entire WS View app. All it does is join the station to your WiFi.
Last edited by galfert on Tue 09 Feb 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge RPI | CumulusMX on Synology NAS
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Tele-Pole flag pole
LindaFNM

Post by LindaFNM »

Apologies if this is a duplicate reply. Thanks for your responses. I’m totally stuck then until someone at Ecowitt amends the app. I can see the GW1000 on my network and it seems to be working fine. It’s a huge disadvantage having to rely on an app as the only way of configuring the device. I’ve tried all the usual such as deleting and reloading the app but it just crashes each time I try the Add a new device. I can only hope Ecowitt fix it soon!! Just as we’re due a spell of recordable weather too. Grrrr!!
LindaFNM

Post by LindaFNM »

Just tried the updated WS View app, it says my device is configured, but doesn’t show in the device list, and I can’t see the GW1000 on my network after configuration. Sorry to be a pain, but presumably there’s a fault with the gateway? Does anyone with more experience know? Thanks
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Perhaps it has defaulted to IP address outside your current network mask, hence why you cannot see it? For instance if your network is 192.168.1.xxx and your network mask is 255.255.255.0 you wouldn't see a device with a network address of 192.168.0.1. So I would check what the default address is for the Ecowitt station after it has been reset.
David
LindaFNM

Post by LindaFNM »

Thanks for your suggestion, the next stupid question is how! I can’t see the device details on the app, that’s just blank. Also the red light isn’t on and flashing intermittently, it’s just flashing without showing red all the time. I’ve logged into my router and it isn’t showing on that either. I really think it’s faulty now. I’ll have to wait till Ecowitt get back to me I think. Thanks again.
LindaFNM

Post by LindaFNM »

Hi, just to end the saga, it’s now working!! I tried my phone to set it up and had instant success. I can only assume that the app is flakey on an iPad? Now it’s configured OK I can see it on the iPad and it’s logging happily to Cumulus. So pleased.
LindaFNM

Post by LindaFNM »

Can’t fault Ecowitt on this, they’ve responded promptly to my emails and are trying their best to help. They’re looking at the app, and even better, looking at providing an alternative method of configuring the GW1000 via a PC. Excellent idea as it provides a backup in case of problems with the app etc.