Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Ecowitt Accuracy

GW1000 WiFi gateway
rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Re: Ecowitt Accuracy

Post by rogerthn »

Big Daddy wrote: Sun 10 May 2020 11:13 pm Thanks for the info.

It hasnt been exposed to any "extreme" weather yet +23C max and +3C min so will certainly keep an eye on it and track it against Holbeach. If it fluctuates greatly then I wil look into getting a WH32 as you suggest but if it stays fairly much inline I will leave as is.
Andy
Thanks for the info. ;)
Keep us posted. :)
galfert
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000
Operating System: Mint, Raspberry Pi OS, Synology

Post by galfert »

A little more information regarding Fine Offset, Ecowitt, Ambient, Maplin, and Froggit that have all been mentioned in this thread.

Fine Offset is the manufacture of all these stations that we are discussing.
Fine Offset does not sell directly to the public. (They offer their products to reseller companies that then put their branding on the hardware).

Ecowitt is a reseller brand but they are a special case. This is because Ecowitt is like a subsidiary of Fine Offset. The same people work for both companies. Ecowitt is like the in-house brand for Fine Offset. Ecowitt therefore is the only reseller that currently offers every model console and sensor and in all frequencies to accommodate the rules and regulations of any country. Ecowitt will ship worldwide. But the Ecowitt brand is only available directly from Ecowitt, be it via their Amazon listings, or via their website, or via direct contact like email orders.

All the other brands, Ambient, Maplin, Froggit, and many others are merely just resellers that put their branding on the Fine Offset stuff. These resellers only sell the parts that they choose to carry. These resellers often rename the same parts or models. Resellers typically only sell in a given region and therefore they have selected single frequency to support. These resellers also sell directly mostly. You may find a listing on Amazon or Alibaba but you are pretty much dealing with the reseller directly every time. Do be cautious though that you are only dealing with the official reseller as warranty or support may only be available if you went through an official channel.

All of these brands with one exception are capable of uploading to Ecowitt.net online service. The exception is Ambient as they are the only ones that customize the firmware and limit some options and they also then are capable of uploading to Ambientweather.net. Only Ambient branded hardware is able to upload to Ambientweather.net. Ambient brand can't upload to Ecowitt.net. There is a way to make Ecowitt hardware upload to Ambientweather.net and that involves additional hardware like a Meteobridge with the additional Ambient license. And you can get an Ambient station to upload to Ecowitt.net if you expand and add an Ecowitt GW1000 as that will pick up all the Ambient sensors.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge RPI | CumulusMX on Synology NAS
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Tele-Pole flag pole
Sadgit
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Sadgit »

I bought the same kit as Andy and so far I have found it as good if not better then the 7 year old Vue I had. Rain sensor still needs a new coating but I have that on the garage roof and the anemometer maybe 10m high on the bedroom flat roof. The temps so far are as accurate as I could expect and the wind is finally more like what is being reported. i.e. had my record wind the other day, and it wasn't even that windy.. but was close to local weather unlike my Vue with was on the garage roof.

bought from China (cannot say that now without putting on the Trump accent :D ) well HK and wish I had bought the lightening ootion, but I have no need for the soil monitoring as I already have them from Xiaomi with BT/MQTT to my home assistant setup which then runs my automated watering system, nerd :ugeek:
Sadgit
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Sadgit »

so i just saw i have recorded new pressure low of 306.3 hpa.... fairly sure that is not right :D
Big Daddy
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003 (GW1000)
Operating System: Raspbian 10 (Buster) / Mono 6.12

Post by Big Daddy »

Sadgit,

Have a look at this post viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18080 (Ignore the title and read on).

So I had a spike in my temperature and a spike in my rainfall, I dont know if the issue also applies for a drop in pressure.

As Mark suggested, check the connectivity of your sensors to you GW1000, if you dont kow how, WS View, Devices, pick your device, More, Sensor ID.

Also looks like Mark will make some changes to try and iimprove things.

Andy