Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

HP2551-C (separate console)

GW1000 WiFi gateway
whitling2k
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1103
Operating System: Raspberry PiOS

HP2551-C (separate console)

Post by whitling2k »

I have a GW1003 (with the GW1100 bridge) weather station working beautifully on MX for my logging and internet services - but I have decided I want a screen in my house.

My options are (I think) to buy a standalone console (HP2551-C), or learn about electronics and hardware and get an appropriate LCD screen for the Pi-Zero upon which I am running CuMX.

I am struggling to find the exact function of the HP2551-C - does anyone here have one that they use just to display live readings from their sensors? The instructions I can find on the internet and ECOWITT website are for the combined weather station package rather than the standalone console.

1. Is it possible to easily turn the backlight on and off again in the HP2551-C? It's for my living room/lounge, and I want it to be able to not give out any backlight at all most of the time.
2. How does it fit into the GW1100 & sensor setups? Does the console talk to the bridge via the API, or does it interpret the sensors signals directly?
3. Does it display the inside temperature/humidity/atmos. pressure from the GW1100's sensor, or must it use the separate (but included) temp/hum/press sensor for it's temperature data?

Cheers!
Cortmalaw
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Raspbian

Re: HP2551-C (separate console)

Post by Cortmalaw »

I've not checked the exact model numbers you mention, but the displays are straightforward and independent of whatever else you use (ie, do not have complex integration into a sensor network - they just receive and display data from whatever sensors you have, plus its own internal temp and humidity). That's why you can have any number of displays (0, 1, 2, 20....).
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

I have one.
Essentially it is reading the same sensors as the GW1000. Totally independently.
(Although it & the GW read separate & different Temp/Hum/Press sensors).

Backlight is adjustable & can be turned off & it still reads.
Turning it off has no impact on the GW's data collection.

I am actually considering a second one, as I really like the way that all the data is presented at a single glance.

Cheers

Phil.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
whitling2k
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1103
Operating System: Raspberry PiOS

Post by whitling2k »

Thank you.

That makes sense and makes setup sound easier. It sounds like I will need the separate temp/hum sensor - more batteries and little boxes to lay around the room! :groan:

Is it possible to pair the GW1000 and the sensor that comes with the display, and use that as the internal temperature etc on the GW1000 internet readouts?

Or vice versa - have the HPxx read the GW temp/hum/press?

Thanks for the info regarding the backlight. I had a bresser for a short (and painful) while, and it was impossible to switch the backlight off. It was a complete deal breaker!

Can I ask, is the backlight turned on and off with a toggle switch, or can I press a button to enable the backlight for say - 30 seconds, before it switches off?

Cheers :-)
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

whitling2k wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 9:36 pm That makes sense and makes setup sound easier. It sounds like I will need the separate temp/hum sensor - more batteries and little boxes to lay around the room! :groan:
Just the one device.
The one that comes with the console won't pair with the GW1000. (WH32B).
Others will pair with both, but don't think there's any models that do pressure apart from the WH32B.

HP can't read the GW1000 in any way.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station: