Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Raspberry CPU temp

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

BrunswickWeather
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1103
Operating System: windows 11 Pro/Raspberry pi 4

Raspberry CPU temp

Post by BrunswickWeather »

The temp today of the raspberry cpu was 61.2 C.
The temp in the upstairs room was 38.1C. Outside nearly 40C.
Is it possible to either show the temp on the interface or an alarm?
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Re: Raspberry CPU temp

Post by AndyKF650 »

There is a webtag for the measuring the <#CPUTemp>. I am not sure which version of the website you are using. If you use CumulusUtils it is possible to add the webtag as part of a UserReport.

Also RPi 4 do run hot, I cool mine with a metal ArgonOne case. We do not get outside temps of 40C but currently the room temp is 19C and the RPi is at 45C.
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Post by BigOkie »

Actually on my wxstatus page (Saratoga template) I have incorporated this tag into the data I return
2022-01-25_054751.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flort
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by flort »

For what it's worth, today I installed my RPi into an Argon One case and had a drop in CPU temperature of 20-25 degrees. I'm running an RPi4 and previously just had passive cooling. With the hotter temperatures at the moment I noticed the CPU temperature getting up over 70 degrees so thought it time to invest in some decent cooling.

We got up to 32 degrees inside today and the CPU remained under 50 degrees. I can definitely recommend the Argon One if you're concerned about CPU temp getting too high.
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

flort wrote: Tue 01 Feb 2022 9:46 am We got up to 32 degrees inside today and the CPU remained under 50 degrees. I can definitely recommend the Argon One if you're concerned about CPU temp getting too high.
My front office can get to around 35°C when it's closed off from the next room with AC.
The fan assisted case usually has it sitting at 42° on those days.

Wandered in there yesterday & saw 76°C on the taskbar....
Fan spinning at about 60-100 RPM.
Lid off, sticker peeled back for a spot of machine oil & it was back to full speed & temp down to 42° within a few minutes.

Very good argument for Passive over Active Cooling.
Just been stalled on choice of case.

Pi4 on my own site, rPi3B on another.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
flort
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by flort »

The good thing about the Argon One PI V2 is you can configure when active cooling is required. By default, under 55 degrees and the fan remains off; at above 55 degrees and it operates at 10% power; above 60 degrees and it operates at 55% power; above 65 degrees and it operates at 100% power. You can configure it to kick in at whatever temperatures you like though.