Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

NOAA reports

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: NOAA reports

Post by mcrossley »

OK, that page is also working fine for me.
Screenshot 2022-01-17 103248.jpg
BUT, there is something very odd going on.

When the page checks if the report files are there it just requests the file headers. These all return 200 = OK

EDIT:
BUT, your server then also returns a 404 = File not found error for all the files it just found and returned an OK status for!?
Sorry, my error, those are redirects to the report files it cannot find.

As you can see above the page does actually work for me, and you can access the individual reports where you would expect them to be, like...

http://www.tavyweather.info/Reports/NOAAMO0121.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GeoffinTavy
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: NOAA reports

Post by GeoffinTavy »

Thank you both! Firstly the cacheing issue, I did a disk clean-up yesterday which didn't change anything, and we have two iPads in daily use which both show the same failure to find any reports. I have had this cache issue before when updating web pages and it is really frustrating as you chase an issue that doesn't exist. I use Google Chrome but I did try MS Edge which showed the same error.

And now, yes my wife's iPad does show the reports. Mine still doesn't nor does my PC. But thank you, I am somewhat relieved that there is no issue!

The garden, yes we spend a lot of time out there. When living in Warwick we had a postage stamp for a garden and were determined to have something bigger when we retired. One acre was a big step but we keep developing it, the website has moved on from the original aim of keeping the kids up to date and now the Diary is the most important part to remind us what we've done and when, what has worked and what hasn't.

I'm not sure how the file attachment here works but I'll try and include a screenshot...
Grab1.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.