Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Upgrading from version 3083

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

falkunmalti
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 10, Raspberry pi

Re: Upgrading from version 3083

Post by falkunmalti »

The file is supposed to change every minute but nothing is happening to it. I have deleted the file and will wait to see what happens. It worked fine before. I forgot to mention that my mono version is 6.12.0.122. I really don't know what could be the problem here. I would like to get it to work with stretch before I upgrade to the latest OS.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Look in the log files in the MXdiags folder for mention of wxnow. If there's a problem creating it then details will be in there. It's best if you switch on debug logging (via the interface) first, then you will probably see messages about creation of wxnow too.
Freddie
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

OK I'm doing that. I turned on debug and data logging and so far a search cannot find wxnow.
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Perusing the mdiags file does not show wxnow.txt or anything relating to wxnow NOT being created. Cumulus.ini does have the following

Create-wxnow=1
Ftp-wxnow=0
Copy-wxnow=0

Would it help if I posted my cumulus.ini file.

I was just speaking to my buddy who is experiencing the same problem with no wxnow.txt file being created and he is still at 3087 and stretch. Just thought I would let you know in case it helps.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Don't post your Cumulus.ini without removing your passwords and API keys. I would wait for @mcrossley to comment on your findings before you do, though.
Freddie
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Thanks freddie, good advice. I will wait
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Do you have the option "Enable the web update interval" enabled? That is required to do any interval processing.
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Yes it is mccrossley and it has been from the start. It is noteable that my buddy is also experiencing the same problem although he is still on 3083. And I noticed something else just yesterday. The automatic ftp updates to my website do not work. It works fine if I press the ftp now button so that indicates all the parameters are correct. Enable update interval ftp is also checked and the ftp parameters are correct. This has also stumped me and I cannot see any reason for this.

Thanks
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

May I suggest that you take a comprehensive look through Internet Settings clicking on each arrow and opening every one and their sub sctructures, because there are all sorts of options that have to be ticked to make this happen e.g enabling realtime, clicking on both generate and FTP transfer, clicking on the graphs and their timescales etc. etc.

Once you have checked ALL of these don't forget to scroll down to the bottom and click on Save Settings.
David
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

I am still here and have been working the problem. I have also installed veresion 11 (bullseye) with mono version 6.12.0.122 and build 3160 of Cumulus. I have done this on a virgin sd card on which I installed CMX build 3160. As it has been suggested, I looked VERY carefully at the Settiings especially ticking the box to create the wxnow.txt file. The I enter sudo mono CumulusMX.exe and my station is found and the dashboard opens up but Cumulus fails to connect and I get the red down arrow for Last Cumulus Update although last station update is green. And most importantly, the wxnow file is NOT created in the Cumulus home directory.

I am just about ready to dump Cumulus and go with something else as I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying this. I am sure the problem is that I do not have a wxnow.txt file. I have tried everything that was suggested.

Here is an excerpt from my cumulus.ini file clearly showing that the wxnow file should be created. For now I have not enabled ftp.

Port=21
Username=
Password=
Directory=
Sslftp=0
SshFtpAuthentication=password
SshFtpPskFile=
FTPlogging=0
UTF8encode=1
EnableRealtime=1
RealtimeInterval=30000
RealtimeFTPEnabled=0
RealtimeTxtCreate=0
RealtimeTxtFTP=0
RealtimeTxtCopy=0
RealtimeGaugesTxtCreate=0
RealtimeGaugesTxtFTP=0
RealtimeGaugesTxtCopy=0
IntervalEnabled=1
IntervalFtpEnabled=0
UpdateInterval=15
Create-websitedata=1
Ftp-websitedata=0
Copy-websitedata=0
Create-wxnow=1
Ftp-wxnow=0
Copy-wxnow=0
Create-graphconfig=1
Ftp-graphconfig=0
Copy-graphconfig=0
Create-availabledata=1
Ftp-availabledata=0
Copy-availabledata=0

If it is needed I can provide my whole cumulus.ini file separately. Any other questions please ask.

Thanks in advance.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Here is an excerpt from my cumulus.ini file clearly showing that the wxnow file should be created. For now I have not enabled ftp.
Why don't you tick all 6 items in Standard File Settings?

I have that all ticked. wxnow.txt is created every minute in CumulusMX folder. Also FTP to my site at the 5 minute interval. And I have created a local "copy folder and wxnow.txt is also copied to this at the 5 min interval. There is nothing logged in my MXdiags about wxnow but I have not ticked FTP logging.

Actually, I don't need to enable it because I don't use it anywhere. Just have it enabled to quickly tell me all seems ok.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Hi Paul

I tried checking all the boxes but nothing seems to work. I can't even connect to my weather station. I think I am going to go back to my old version 3083 and see what happens. When I run CMX, it conne ts to my station but no wxnow.txt file is created and the numbers do not populate on the Dashboard.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I can't even connect to my weather station.
When I run CMX, it conne ts to my station but no wxnow.txt file is created
I am not clear, does it connect or doesn't connect?
I only use Windows and not familiar with Pi, but does your startup say Connected to station?
and the numbers do not populate on the Dashboard.
This would appear to be a connection issue. Do you have all the settings correct, especially station and connection type?
A look at the full MXdiags would be helpful.

And, in case there was an issue in the version update-install, have you copied-in ALL the files and folders from the new version?

The wxnow.txt is just a data file created and saved if you want to use it, and should have no impact on CumulusMX working. However if there is something else causing an issue in CumulusMX running that then could cause wxnow.txt not being created.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Hi Paul

Thanks for this. Yes CMX does say connected to station and starting to download etc. That is what is strange because it certainly does connect. That would seem to rule out a cable issue but I am trying to change the cable as well. Fortunately I kept a backup of my old 3083 CMX build and I am loading it now. I want to see what that does. If the 3083 works I will unzip the new version over that and check. I will keep you informed. I have not given up yet!!
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Paul
Making progress here. I backed to build 3067 and am able to connect to the weather station no problem. So this means cabling etc. must be ok. I checked the wiki again ane maybe I misinterpreted it but it says that to update from 3067 to 3160, one should update to 3141 first and go from there. So maybe there are some files that get generated with that build that I don't have. So I am going to update to 3141 first and see. I will try this momentarily. Thought I would let you know.