Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Upgrading from version 3083

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

falkunmalti
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 10, Raspberry pi

Upgrading from version 3083

Post by falkunmalti »

Hi

I have been running Cumulus for a long time and the latest version I have is version 3.6.7 build 3083. I want to upgrade to the latest version and, looking at the wiki, it says that I should first upgrade to version 3.12.0 build 3141 and then go from there after running the first time configuator. So I downloaded the version 3141 and unzipped it over my current 3083 version by copying the distribution file into my CumulusMX folder and unzipping it there. When I run the configurator, I get an error saying 192.168.1.9:8998 says error:0 (error). I am using mono version 4.

Can anyone else me with this? Thanks in advance.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Upgrading from version 3083

Post by freddie »

I would first upgrade to mono version 6. Then when you restart I would flush your browser cache (CTRL + F5) or use an incognito tab to rule out caching of old interface pages.
Freddie
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Thanks Freddie. I wanted to do that but when I tried apt-get install mono-complete I only got version 4. It said mono is already at the newest version. Do I have to install it directly? When I get version 6, I will then try flushing the cache.

Joe
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Post by AndyKF650 »

I found the best way of installing mono was to go to the mono project web site and installing it from there. The installation will appear to stop from time to time but it will complete eventually.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

Also look at the version of the OS.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Hi

Still struggling with this. I now have got version 3141 copied over my 3083 version and run sudo mono CumulusMX.exe and am able to open the first time configurator. But after entering all the parameters and clicking All done, I get an error Error 0: undefined and the cumulus.ini file is not created.

My mono is version 4.6.2. No matter how hard I try I cannot get version 5 or 6 to install. If I can get some handholding on that, it would be appreciated.

Help!!

Thanks.
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Forgot to say, my OS is Raspbian Buster.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

If you go to the mono website there are some clear instructions there. They even supply the commands to copy/paste into your terminal.
Freddie
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Sorry I just realized my version is Stretch not Buster, i.e.version 9

Does this matter?
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

@falkunmalti: Yes it matters, that is why the mono default is at 4.
Just go to buster (or even better bullseye). Just install with the raspberry imager and after the OS install mono like @freddie says (according to the mono site).
Then restore your (I hope you backed it up ;) ) CMX and you're ready.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Hi

OK, so just now I updated to 3160 still using Stretch and the now proper Mono environment and I am able to connect to my weather station no problem and all is well. Yes, I did do a backup of CMX before I did all this so it was easy to back up and redo things. So at the end the problem was the mono. Thanks for everyone's help to getting it working right with version 6. The apt-get facility only updated to version 4. After I catch my breath LOL, I will upgrade my OS to the latest.

Thanks all.
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

HI

I am afraid I have discovered a couple of issues and Cumulus is not working properly yet.

1. Although all the Dashboard clocks show the proper time and that both my station and Cumulus are receiving data, the wxnow.txt file is not getting updated.
2. Although I have set the parameters for WeatherUnderground, no data is being sent from Cumulus to WU.
3. In the Settings Menu, the Station and Internet tabs open but do not populate when I click the arrow so that the settings are not available.

Am I missing something relating to the internet so that Cumulus is not talking to other programs? I have rebooted several times but the issue still prevails. I am still running Stretch. Could this be the cause?
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

falkunmalti wrote: Thu 13 Jan 2022 9:06 pm HI

I am afraid I have discovered a couple of issues and Cumulus is not working properly yet.

1. Although all the Dashboard clocks show the proper time and that both my station and Cumulus are receiving data, the wxnow.txt file is not getting updated.
That file is not generated by default, so have you enabled it under... Internet Settings/Interval Configuration/Normal Interval/Standard File Settings
falkunmalti wrote: Thu 13 Jan 2022 9:06 pm 2. Although I have set the parameters for WeatherUnderground, no data is being sent from Cumulus to WU.
You need to check the MXdiags log file, does it say it is sending the data? WU is notoriously fickle.
falkunmalti wrote: Thu 13 Jan 2022 9:06 pm 3. In the Settings Menu, the Station and Internet tabs open but do not populate when I click the arrow so that the settings are not available.

Am I missing something relating to the internet so that Cumulus is not talking to other programs? I have rebooted several times but the issue still prevails. I am still running Stretch. Could this be the cause?
That one is difficult to diagnose remotely, but could you open your browsers dev tools (normally F12), then find the Network tab. Once you have that open one of the pages that is failing and look for any errors in the Dev Tools network screen.

Stretch is getting a bit long in the tooth - what version of Mono do you have installed?
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

HI and thanks the this.

I didn't change anything but the Settings and Internet tabs now are working correctly. And I was able to find under the internet tab lots of items that need to be added. Also I found the WeatherUnderground settings and WU is now working correctly.

I have enabled wxnow.txt as you suggest but the file is still not being created. Where does it reside - is it relocated from home/Cumullus?

I really like the new Cumulus look. Thanks for all your work.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The wxnow.txt file is created in the main Cumulus folder